Vice President - Prime Brokerage & Cash Equities/Trade Settlements/Middle Office - BFSI (10-15 yrs)
The following are key functions within the Cash Prematching team:
- Perform reconciliations between middle office and back office systems to ensure accuracy and completeness of market instructions.
- Ensure all transactions are correctly matched for smooth settlement
- Maintain client accounts for SSI reference data with the help of MO and third party system.
- Action and perform root cause analyses on new / recurring issues or control gaps
- Escalate issues for any urgent matters or assistance
- Produce time sensitive daily reports with actionable data to Middle Office or Settlement Team for break resolutions
- Provide detailed business control metrics to management on a daily basis
- Ensure trade settlement is in compliance with rules and regulations in various local jurisdictions.
- Ensure all tasks are completed within timeframes, processing windows, market regulations, bank policies, or what is deemed prudent to minimize risk.
- Continuously participate in projects involving new system implementation, process improvements, etc
- Take ownership of work, problems, clarify issues / objections, and ensure data integrity, accuracy and completeness
Skill sets Required:
This individual will have extensive contact with front office, clients, global teams, custodians and other business partners on a daily basis. Key skills required are listed below:
- A strong control mindset and adherence to a high degree of business ethics
- In-depth experience with equity products and global markets
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to pick up complex systems architecture easily
- Experience in driving global initiatives and affecting change in a large organization
- Ability to drive results through a "hands-on" approach
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment with time critical deliveries
- Ability to respond to a changing environment.
- Be innovative and suggest system improvement capabilities.
- Ability to multi task, ensuring the trades are booked correctly, breaks are resolved and MIS being sent to managers on deadlines.
- Positive - Can Do- attitude
- Contributes to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility