Vice President - Mortgage Underwriting - BFSI (10-18 yrs)
- Individuals may work directly with Mortgage Advisory, Bankers, Vendors, internal/external partners throughout the Mortgage Origination cycle supported functions.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of Mortgage Underwriting process
- Thorough understanding of all stages of mortgage originations life cycle
- Proficiency in analysis of Financial Documents.
- Balance Sheet, Personal Financial Statements, Income Documents etc.
- Working knowledge of major US Mortgage Regulations
- Must have driven CHANGE Projects successfully.
- Experience on RPA, Alteryx, Python and R is an added plus
- Performing feasibility reviews - Work closely with business to understand and guide on the best possible Automation tool solution.
- Scripts and delivers projects in the agreed timelines.
- Regular updates on the progress of the projects assigned.
- Prepare program-level presentations to develop and maintain strong partnerships with relevant business teams
- Identify opportunities to improve the way Intelligent Automation is managed and governed
- Assisting in the execution of other governance and management routines for special projects
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure all process level SLAs with regards to Productivity, Accuracy, Turn Times, Staffing, etc. are met & improved on consistent basis.
- Partners with multiple stakeholders (Mortgage Advisory, Processing team, Credit Risk Management, Vendor Management, Technology, Change Management, and Training etc.) across mortgage operations.
- Collaborate across functions to drive continuous process improvement agenda through technical enhancements, removal of wastages & non value adds in the process.
- Perform periodic risk and controls analysis with the team for process risk valuation and closure of action items within timelines.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent teamwork with internal employees and external customers/business partners
- Resolve difficult and challenging problems by identifying potential or innovative solutions, determine documentation deficiencies within review and communicate findings with clarity
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce or Science
- Post Graduate degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA (Finance), CPA/CFA degree is preferred
- 10+ years of Mortgage experience; in US mortgage loan origination
- Must have had exposure to production management, work allocation, prioritization, exception handling, and process documentation
- Ability to act independently and work in a fast paced, high production environment while meeting or exceeding agreed upon targets for volume, timing and quality.
- Time Management, flexibility and adaptability to changes
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service and teamwork to contribute to high-performing teams
- Coordination and team work (Internal and across teams