Vice President - Marketing - Healthcare (7-10 yrs)
- The Client is dedicated to changing the way India buys medicines. They are building India's largest chain of generic medicine retail stores with the aim of providing affordable healthcare to millions. They believe that generic medicines are the key to changing the way the medical landscape in India works by providing more choice to consumers at costs that are up to 80% lower than those of branded medicines.
- Founded by IIT Bombay alumni, The Client is already funded by a leading VC firm and has grown to 17 stores at present with a target to reach 100 stores by mid next year
- The Client is building the core of our leadership team and the Vice President - Marketing will be one of the vital roles in the company. The incumbent will be responsible for spearheading the marketing and CRM operations for the company working directly with the founders and will P&L responsibility for the brand, marketing strategy and customer experience. Being a market creation focused role, the incumbent will be drawing learnings from across industries and businesses in building out a differentiated and effective marketing strategy.
- The Vice President - Marketing will be responsible for building and executing the brand, strategic marketing and also communications and media strategy. The incumbent will work closely with the founders to build a distinctive and salient retail healthcare brand, with a vision to build The Client - Generics. He/she will execute the 360-degree marketing plan comprising of offline & digital marketing, local and strategic BTL campaigns, social marketing, PR, alliances and content marketing. He/she will also build and maintain a very strong ROI focus for demand generation and use the consumer insights to drive higher efficiencies in marketing.
- Lead the Marketing initiatives at a pan-India level, build and manage regional and central Marketing teams (ATL, BTL, CRM and local marketing teams)
- Build the brand positioning in a competitive pharmacy market, and establish Generics - The Client's positioning
- Manage demand generation for stores using a mix of ATL, BTL and digital marketing, with strong focus on reducing cost per lead / maximizing marketing ROI
- Lead the creative development, management, measurement and execution of local campaigns, working closely with agencies to develop trackable, measurable integrated communication projects
- Lead the development of local events and PR to maximize cross-promotion & brand exposure opportunities
- Participate and lead locally (through local teams) in building the brand through owned and earned marketing, focusing on alliances and building own brand properties
- Devise digital marketing programs ie. websites management, SEO, social media, content marketing and e-marketing campaign management
- Work closely with the Sales teams to provide local marketing support for store launches, sustenance and turnaround, and managing the sales trajectory
- Build the entire marketing organization structure and recruit the team
- Build, execute and manage the CRM programs, with focus on increasing customer retention and LTV
- Create a strong ROI driven marketing culture, with a focus on reporting and analysis of each initiative and its outcomes
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- 7-10 year experience as Marketing manager in a retail/consumer business, preferably having built or scaled a brand with very rapid growth, with a special focus on BTL led marketing
- Strong understanding of ROI driven marketing, and a data-driven approach
- Experience of building and managing large and diverse teams
- Strong flexibility and problem-solving skills, with independent ownership and result orientation
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment to plan and manage a variety of projects
- Commercial insight and understanding
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and demonstrate creativity and intellectual flexibility in an uncertain and rapidly changing environment
Qualifications: MBA from Tier 1 / 2 B School
Experience: 7+ years of experience in Marketing and CRM, preferably having worked on scaling up consumer brands
Skills: Leadership, team management, marketing strategy, digital marketing, brand management, analytics, media, PR
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.