Vice President - Legal Counsel - Insurance - CS + LLB (12-17 yrs)
As part of the legal team, the Legal Counsel shall be providing Legal and Corporate Secretarial support to Company's Global Business Solutions (GBS) Centre in Bangalore. The legal advice and support provided would include general corporate matters, corporate governance, regulatory issues and corporate contracts etc
- Provide legal support on the Intra group service arrangements within Swiss Re
- Provide legal support relating to business activities of GBS including the relevant agreements, legal and governance matters
- Provide advice and direction on a variety of corporate legal matters.
- Drafting and vetting various types of contracts, agreements, petitions, legal notices and other legal documents.
- Advise Human Resources team on various employee related matters
- Advise Sourcing team on legal matters
- Managing litigation and coordination with various internal and external stakeholders including law firms.
- Liaise with advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Support Compliance team in their activities.
- Act as the Company Secretary to the Board
- Responsible for Company Law related compliances by the entity
- Handling all Governance related work and coordination with the regional team on internal governance requirements
- Coordination with cross functional teams and with Practicing Company Secretary to ensure compliance.
- CS + LLB (Mandatory)
- 12-16 years PQE, India qualified lawyer
- Qualified Company Secretary from Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Attention to details, ability to work independently and do multi-tasking
- Excellent written and spoken English and preferably an Asian language
- Good communication and cross-cultural skills
- Prior experience with a Re/Insurance and labour laws will be an advantage