Manager at Quest HR Services
Views:1943 Applications:83 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
Vice President - Legal - BFSI/Pharma (18-24 yrs)
Purpose of the role : Accountable for managing the legal affairs of the organization by providing legal advisory for litigation and non-litigation matters and ensuring effective management of legal risk
1. Functionally responsible to protect the company's reputation and risk by Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and settling legal matters; Preparing Contracts / Agreements/ Policy Documents as may be required. Drafting & vetting of agreements, Deeds, Power of Attorney, Indemnity Bonds, Petitions & all kinds of Notices and other Legal Documents
2. Advice Company on all civil and criminal matters, contracts, Public notices, land & property, consumer forum, collections & recovery suits, etc. and in the process Coordinate with outside Counsel in case any matters are referred to them and keeping a close tab on its progress .
3. Manages the company's Legal matters w.r.t. all litigation cases as a complainant or defendant. Initiate & conduct legal investigation / research, briefing solicitors, safeguard company's interest and mitigate damages / liabilities which may arise due to legal cases / litigation.
4. Develop strategies to manage contracts and litigation effectively so as to minimize exposure of the Company to claims and litigation
5. Meet concerned litigation parties / attorney to negotiate & settle matters amicably. Update Management of the proceedings and obtain approvals on proposed solutions for amicable resolution of the matter. Follow up for withdrawal of cases / suits and ensure complainant has been provided with solutions as committed and document the same.
6. Coordinate with other departments and other stakeholders for their legal requirements and obtain understanding of legal issues / arbitration matters. Draft and file complaints / lawsuits on behalf of the company in the Court of Law through Solicitors
7. Build and manage a small and responsive professional team and provide overall leadership of the department, supervise and manage the performance and development