Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1471 Applications:259 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Vice President - Information Technology - Mutual Funds (15-20 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well-established, professionally managed asset management company, to identify a Vice President - Information Technology. The position is based at Mumbai.
- Manage the overall technology operations of the company and ensure its effective functioning within the given budget and time limits.
- To develop a full understanding of the IT requirements of the organization and implement infrastructure solutions that meet IT service and strategic objectives.
- To manage security and disaster recovery in relation to IT infrastructure, Information security and Application Development including the documentation, communication and implementation of related policies and procedures.
- Planning and implementation short- and long-term strategies, tactics, work plans and projects that provide for the orderly and cost-effective development, installation and operation of information systems, computer and communication technologies.
- Responsible for leadership and management of the Information Technology Division.
- Develop, propose, implement and monitor the approved IT strategic plan and effective IT infrastructure policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and operational plans for control, management, and improvement of IT capabilities.
- Identify business requirements and develop budgets for IT division for the year. Track and monitor the budgets and ensure optimum budget utilization.
- Monitor the security of company data and systems.
- Assure the integrity and reliability of computerized information systems and communications systems.
- To develop procedures for control of business systems and to provide systems and data backup, recovery and risk management support.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements from an IT perspective.
- Manage and direct IT services that provide feasibility studies, systems analysis and construction, implementation, testing, documentation, operation and evaluation of information, communications.
- Recommend and implement changes or enhancements in data processing, communication, or office systems and equipment so that expenses are minimized while ensuring reliable and timely services and productivity are maintained.
- Prepare an annual information systems budget and establish controls to stay within the specified limits of that budget.
- Plan and implement education and professional development program for IT personnel to develop their skills and future potential, and maintain a high level of knowledge in information/computer system technology.
- Establish IT policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing to ensure the integrity and reliability of information, communications, and office systems.
- Identify, negotiate and procure all equipment required to meet the IT needs of the company.
- Identify the technology needs of all departments, implement and provide technology solutions and support required.
- Evaluation of various IT investment opportunities.
- Responsible for development of business continuation plans for use in the event of power outage, weather catastrophes, hardware failures and/ or other disasters and disruptions to the company's information systems and services.
- Good knowledge of the IT function.
- To be open to technology evolution's.
- Good understanding and exposure to information security.
- Excellent management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure & a professional demeanor.
- Should be able to work in a team and support other team members
- Solution oriented.
Candidate should have a degree in B. E / Computer Science or IT with 15-20 years of relevant experience in an Asset Management Company. Experience in Mutual Fund Industry and Financial Services is necessary.
Interested candidates meeting with the above requirements may please apply with a recent photograph and resume in word format