Vice President/Head - B2B Sales Operations - Edcuation (4-8 yrs)
Objectives and Responsibilities of the Head of Sales Operations
- The first and most prominent role of the VP of Sales Operations is leading the sales operations department, monitoring the effectiveness of sales efforts and ensuring that they are aligned with the overall business objectives.
- In this position, the VP of Sales Operations creates processes that enable visible and transparent management and that utilize the available tools or implement new ones that bring about increased sales effectiveness.
- The VP ensures the availability of proper sales training initiatives as well as overseeing the planning and management for roles, responsibilities, values, and rules of engagement in the sales department.
- It will also include align planning, forecasting and budgeting initiatives with business objectives in addition to developing departmental goals and objectives for further sales effectiveness.
- In this position, the VP of Sales Operations assists the sales department in driving sales growth strategies and ensuring that these strategies are adopted in all levels of the department. TtHE ROLE is charged with developing improvement plans that are based on sales performance reports and surveys.
- The ROLE plays an analytical role, where he is responsible for sales analytics, sales tracking, sales effectiveness, and reporting of sales performance.
- It is also his duty to enhance the manner in which data is collected and reported within the sales department. In this position, the VP Sales Operations also conducts market analyses in order to identify opportunities for growing the business's sales and communicating key messages.
- The VP provides smart consumer research and industry specific information as well as preparing weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually pipeline reports.
- He identifies market trends and tracks key competitors and on a regular basis, conducting competitive and SWOT analyses.
- In this capacity, he also develops sales reports for senior sales management and relevant stakeholders as well as driving the adoption and usage of sales automation solutions.
- It is also a collaborative position where he works with cross-functional teams, for example, the marketing department, in the business in order to develop innovative integrated plans and strategies for the purpose of reaching mutually agreed upon targets.
- The role also works closely with the senior sales operations department streamlining sales processes/strategies, allocating quotas, balancing territories, and enhancing visibility of pipeline management.
- The Head of Sales Operations also performs other duties as deems necessary in the execution of his functions or duties as assigned by the COO