Vice President - Financial Reporting/Mutual & Hedge Funds - BFSI (10-15 yrs)
The Financial Reporting VP will be responsible for providing direction and leadership in coordinating and monitoring financial reporting activities to ensure on time and accurate creation of financial statements, client and regulatory reports. Work with partners and local senior management to ensure all deliverables are met on time and as per agreed service level agreement. To manage team of 20 to 25 through 3-4 Associates who would be directly reporting to the VP.
Leading the team and providing guidance to supervisors and staff on treatment of complex financial transactions in a post NAV scenario to ensure proper identification in financial statements and responsible for delivering it accurately on time . Financial reporting will consist of Portfolio of Investments and Financial statements for Mutual / hedge funds under various GAAP (US GAAP/ IFRS/ UK SORP) .
- Expected to be completely Hands on while overseeing the production of the Fund's quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports to partners that are filed with the regulators along with be-spoke client & regulatory reporting.
- Acting as the primary contact for inquiries from partner sites / clients requests and ad hoc projects on financial reporting issues
- While running Risk and control agenda, to actively participate in audits across with multiple departments and responding to internal and external inquiries.
- Assisting in developing and adjusting department procedures, systems enhancements and achieving department's efficiency goals apart from maintain and tracking SLA- s/KPI and provide updates in Governance calls.
- Coaching, developing and mentoring staff including formal objective setting, performance reviews and providing ongoing and regular feedback .
- To establish rapport and work with local and global Senior Management Teams across multiple geographies to drive various technology & operations projects .
- To be part of and drive all the People related initiatives to be able to eventually manage process and client level management.
Skills & Experience
- Preferably qualified Chartered Accountant / MBA finance having at least 10 years of experience in Financial Services industry / (financial reporting activities / Fund accounting/ Audit ) in a service delivery model.
- Strong technical understanding of the investment industry including a overview of various regulatory requirements and accounting standards.
- Exceptional leadership and staff development skills with prior team management experience.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills ideally with project and program management experience and a demonstrated track record of project delivery.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results.
- Ability to initiate and drive change ( previous track record of managing change).
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with the ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes.
- Control focus with a thorough understanding of operational risk.
- Detailed knowledge of business processes and procedures as well as service and systems (including downstream impacts).
- Engage, track and see to fruition a - strengthen our base/up-skill our current workforce- training agenda.
- Meticulous planning ability so as to manage the client delivery expectations.