Vice President - Compliance - Private Wealth Management (8-10 yrs)
Private Wealth Management (PWM) Compliance
PWM Compliance takes an active role in assisting PWM Management to supervise the PWM business and provides on-going advice on various topics. The role will provide general compliance advice and support for the PWM business and covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities, including the core compliance activities of surveillance, review of marketing materials and training, as well as advisory and project work. You will also have good exposure to the regulatory environment and business activities of other regions.
Client Sales Office:
Bengaluru is an integral part of the client global footprint that works seamlessly as a full and equal partner with Federation and Revenue areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Increased depths in capabilities and functional expertise have resulted in the creation of centers of excellence that drive many critical businesses around the globe.
The Compliance Division has established a dynamic team of professionals in Bengaluru. The Bengaluru team plays a central role in the division's global strategy to provide solutions to the firm's traditional business and growth market strategy. We work alongside functional counterparts in many global offices to implement the firm's regulatory and reputational risk management program.
- Execute and manage global ad-hoc projects based on compliance or business requirements that helps in enhancing the compliance of the firm
- Taking ownership of processes and controls of the team, driving the development of methods to improve processes and / or controls to ensure that these are efficient, effective and relevant
- Provide guidance to internal clients on appropriate interpretation and application of policies/procedures
- Escalate situations, as appropriate, to relevant divisional compliance officers and business unit managers
- Work with regional compliance in ongoing projects, responding to changes in the firm's businesses and changes in regulation
- Take ownership and provide feedback on reports, creating checklists in supporting team to resolve exceptions
- Seeking and implementing automated solutions (for manual processes and anticipated future requirements), which will involve providing direction and requirements to Technology as well as acting in partnership with Technology
- Leverage strong communication and relationship-building skills in frequent interaction with other areas of the firm and professionals across the globe
- Communicate findings to compliance colleagues and suggest potential corrective actions to address issues
- Complying with internal controls, policies and procedures and regularly reviewing and updating procedures and training documentation
Experience / Skills / Systems Requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a diverse audience
- Organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and professional with a strong work ethic; and Managing and implementing regulatory change
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure
- Proactive, self-motivated and organized
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast paced-environment
- Good judgment - know when and how to escalate issues
- Inquisitive and investigative skills
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of the financial industry
- 5+ years- experience in financial, legal, accounting or regulatory areas is preferred
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.