Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2049 Applications:122 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Vice President - Compliance - Bank (8-12 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well-established, professionally managed foreign bank to identify a Vice President Compliance.
The position will be based at Mumbai.
- Ensure that an effective compliance structure is in place across the bank so that the business activities are compliant with local regulations, and support business objectives.
- To define the compliance strategy for Banks Products, Services, Finance and steer the Bank through the implementation of the strategy.
- To set up compliance policy, guidelines, practices and procedures that meet the requirements of all governing regulatory bodies.
- Make a significant contribution to the Compliance Strategic Vision of being an Independent Guardian by setting appropriate standards for Compliance risk assessments.
- Responsible from Compliance perspective for managing systems and processes for AML filtering and transaction monitoring and addressing of alerts after proper checks.
- Provide assistance in day to day monitoring of compliance related risks, including Sanctions, AML, Insider trades, Conflict management procedures, etc. relating to various banking products.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to ensure effective and efficient compliance on basis of Indian applicable regulations, including RBIs regulations, anti-money laundering regulations and other relevant regulations.
- Investigate and report suspicious and money laundering activities to Management. Monitor and review sensitive accounts and suspicious transactions.
- Investigate breaches, errors and losses by the business units and assist in the notification of the relevant authorities
- Ensure queries from the police and injunctions from law firms are responded to timely and accurately.
- Take an active role in embedding the revised approach to Compliance Monitoring across the bank, whilst ensuring continuous development and improvement of effective Compliance Monitoring protocols.
- Implement the banks Compliance Monitoring Plan in accordance with the Compliance Monitoring Methodology.
- Facilitate effective regulatory risk assessments.
- Execute objective monitoring reviews in conjunction with Compliance colleagues where necessary, through effective liaison with Business stakeholders, a variety of fieldwork approaches, production of quality, focussed reports, and comprehensive record keeping of work undertaken.
- Assess whether Compliance policies and procedures are embedded and operating effectively.
- Track the status and progress of resolution of compliance-related issues raised by regulators and auditors.
- Conduct compliance monitoring and surveillance reviews of the business units.
- Review and update existing procedures and policies to keep in line with regulatory and legal changes.
- Ensure timely preparation of the various monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Increase the profile of Compliance within the bank through the identification and escalation of potential or actual regulatory risks in order to protect and enhance the reputation of the bank and to avoid significant financial loss to the bank or its customers.
- Knowledge of Compliance and regulatory matters
- Strong analytical skills
- A disciplined approach to Planning, Execution and Tracking of issues to resolution
- Strong team player, able to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills for documenting and explaining findings
- Strong influencing skills for obtaining buy-in to resolve Findings
- Drive and enthusiasm
- A positive, can do attitude
- Experience in handling Regulatory and Corporate Affairs.
Candidates should be Company Secretaries, or Chartered Accountants or MBA in Finance with about 8 to 12 years relevant experience in Banking sector.
Interested candidates meeting with the above requirements may please respond with a recent photograph and resume in word format