Vice President/Partner at Perfect Placer Management Consulting
Views:927 Applications:252 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Vice President - Chief Procurement Head - Chemicals (15-27 yrs)
Chief Procurement Head (VP - Chemicals)
- Lead supplier evaluation, selection, and sourcing for assigned commodities for the organization.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies that deliver parts availability at lowest total cost. Drive the selection of suppliers, negotiate and maintain performance to expectations.
- Responsible for ongoing management of purchasing strategy and activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price.
- Develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, contractual relationships and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services by the supply base.
- Lead and manage a team of Buyers to deliver the appropriate support to the business to ensure corporate and business development objectives are met. Work alongside the senior management team in contributing to overall business objectives.
- Support new product launches timing, leveraging growth in new parts to implement sourcing strategy objectives, such as rationalization and cost reduction.
- Negotiate and sign long-term agreements that cement supplier expectations around commercial savings, raw material cost recovery, and operating performance. Facilitate value engineering activities to drive product cost savings and process improvement to achieve budget performance.
- Contribute your knowledge, gained through training and experience, to mentor others, so we grow together as Procurement professionals.
- Execute blanket orders and cost updates.
- Be the company's expert for your regional commodity, including industry trends, cost drivers, global pricing, raw material, lead-times, technology, and manufacturing capability in the market.
Key Responsibilities :
Strategy and Development :
- Overall responsibility for Purchasing and Cost Estimating activities across the business.
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market to include Terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety stock
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process.
- Take ownership of the purchasing policy, guidelines, and any associated documents
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative procurement processes (eProcurement)
General and Task Management :
- Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior and strategic level
- Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders if appropriate
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer supplier power.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spends and leveraging technologies
- Develop, implement and maintain a supplier relationship and evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance
- Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the Co's purchasing policy.
- Work closely with Research Development to source new and alternative raw materials
People Management :
- Provide leadership to departments under control. Coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance.
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and to implement change and improvements.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organizational structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and customer deliverables
- Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team, ensuring they are trained enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles
- Complete regular performance reviews, manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate
- Establish strategy and best practices for staff to ensure achievement of overall business objectives. Work with the Purchasing team to translate strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives including KPIs.
Financial Budget and Control :
- Input and hold responsibility for Purchasing and cost estimating budgets.
- Prepare the annual Purchasing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with customer and legal requirements. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects.
Relationship Management :
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on supply. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Purchasing activities
- Review environmental strategies that impact on future ways of operating and ensure implementation where possible
- Review the use of technological systems that support a more environmentally friendly approach
- Review opportunities to be as environmentally friendly as possible.
Qualification And Experience :
1. BSc or BE or MBA in Supply Chain or related field along with a minimum of 15+ years of purchasing, costing or related experience in Commodity Chemical Industry
2. Commodity value chain cost analysis with emphasis on external market influences
3. Demonstrable experience of leading a purchasing function with a proven track record in strategic purchasing leadership delivering effective purchasing strategies, policies, processes and systems
4. Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
5. Proven contract management and supplier experience
6. Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level
7. Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
8. Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development.
9. Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
10. Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
11. Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
12. Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities - Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
13. Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets.
14. Operates with integrity.
15. Growth & Curiosity Mindset
16. Project Management
17. Computer literate, especially Excel skills
Remuneration : An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well-defined career path. An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader.
Contact Person Name, Address & Nos.:
Mobile : 9873663105