Chief Research Officer at Crossover Catalyst
Views:832 Applications:122 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
Vice President/Chief Operating Officer - Corporate Strategy - NGO (20-25 yrs)
Vice President (VP) / Chief Operating Officer (COO) for Koita Centre For Digital Health (KCDH), IIT Bombay
About IIT Bombay and Centre for Digital Health
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, is an autonomous institute and a deemed university in Powai, Mumbai, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958 and decreed by the Parliament of India as an Institute of National Importance. IIT Bombay has been consistently ranked as the number one university in India by QS World University Rankings.
Koita Centre for Digital Health (KCDH), IIT Bombay, is an inter-departmental center being set up at IIT Bombay. The vision of KCDH will be to lead Digital Health Innovation by leveraging deep Engineering / Math & Clinical / Pharma expertise to enhance quality of care, improve access to care and reduce healthcare cost. KCDH will pioneer digital healthcare revolution by focusing on technology translation to create opportunities for joint research, academic programs and system reforms in collaboration with other organizations and Government.
KCDH will strive towards creating a strong partnership between IIT Bombay and Digital Health Partners (DHP) e.g. large hospitals, Healthcare Research organizations, leading academic organizations to drive Digital Health innovation.
KCDH will aim to develop a vibrant ecosystem to develop affordable and high-quality digital healthcare solutions for the nation and other emerging economies.
The role involves working with IIT Bombay departments, core faculty, DHPs and government agencies in healthcare, to set up a first of its kind, centre of excellence in India. It will require strategic planning, building successful partnerships with DHPs, instituting systems and processes for running the centre and engagement with the wider healthcare ecosystem for effective utilization of the centre's outcomes.
- Establish and grow the KCDH organization. Build strategy for modelling a sustainable center with strong commercialization outcomes and managing operations and growth of KCDH.
- Work with IIT Bombay departments and administration and establish core facilities / infrastructure and technology platform for KCDH
- Develop innovative models for research and innovation driven projects working with the professors, students, early-stage startups, and PhD scholars of IIT Bombay.
- Establish partnership with leading DHPs (Digital Health partners), Indian healthcare research centres, global medical devices and software companies, and NGOs to drive joint research and academic programs, and create strong career opportunities for KCDH students.
- Collaborate with government organizations to support public health initiatives in association with prominent players like NDHM, Niti Aayog, ICMR
- Position and market the Centre to be able to attract top talent for research, innovation commercialization and execution
- Develop a relevant, high performance and cost optimized team to deliver on the commercialization and other organizational building and sustainability goals of KCDH
- Model an approach for replication, and guide, hand-hold and support the development of other similar centers around India
- Present the center to corporates and prospective investors for fund raising and becoming financially sound; as well as organizing funding for hi-end research and related commercialization activities.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge and experience including :
- An excellent academic pedigree with over 20 years of experience that cuts across academia and corporate
- Ability to build a strong working network of expert scientists, entrepreneurs and other experts in the biosciences space, corporate leadership and investors
- Background in healthcare, biosciences will be preferred
- Background in academic and/or corporate operations will be preferred
- Managerial experience of setting up or running operations of new business units would be an advantage
- Experience in raising funds internally from within the corporate and externally from sources like foundations and government will be preferred
- Note: The compensation for the role will be competitive with similar roles in the 'not for profit' sector and will have a core and variable component tied to key result areas.
- Designation (VP or COO) will be flexible depending on candidate profile.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.