Lead Consultant at Live Connections
Views:528 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Vice President - Business COSO Leader - Financial Services (14-20 yrs)
Responsible to handle the Business COSO team supports the Company's on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading financial reporting control environment and is responsible for the following directives :
- Providing meaningful assessments of financial, risk, and regulatory reporting control environment and Overseeing compliance with Company's COSO based policies for internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going compliance with the COSO polices (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters) and Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts and Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects and Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters and Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
- Responsible for Performing walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant risk and key controls.
- Validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions, including assessing appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified.
- Validating and providing a challenge to the identification of shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications.
- Supervising COSO testing of key controls, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing.
- Confirming and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions.
- Analysis of the severity of control deficiencies, both individually and in the aggregate, and the impact to internal control over financial reporting