Viacom18 - Senior Vice President - Technology - Digital Ventures (20-25 yrs)
Senior Vice President - Technology, Digital Ventures
Job Purpose :
- To drive the next wave of technological interventions that will shape the future of the Media and Entertainment industry. The role requires the candidate to straddle the multiple goals of delivering a world class user experience, while driving industry leading engagement and retention across diverse consumption platforms.
- The CTO of Digital ventures at Viacom18 will run teams operating across multiple OTT businesses of Voot, Voot Select and Voot Kids. The individual will also be responsible for leading the development of rapid prototypes for driving inorganic growth for new business lines.
Technology Leadership :
- Act as strategic partner to the business for the overall vision of Digital Ventures and setting medium term direction for the organization. Conceive and execute technology vision including product roadmap to maximise company’s future growth, profitability while delivering a benchmark user experience. Hire, mentor and train the best performing technology team in the industry, providing strong opportunities for growth and development of 100 member team (plus outsourced vendor teams).
- Transition newly developed technology infrastructure to best in class architecture, which is reliable, flexible and delivers a strong competitive advantage. Embrace an agile tech organization, that challenges the status quo, and is able to reinforce the zero-waste mindset of the organization.
- Develop high performance systems, that can operate seamlessly at 10X scale in line with the growth appetite of the business.Set up structures to get the most out of tech collaborations with outsourced partners, using best-in class tools for calibration for driving results. Streamline the product methodology to drive frequent and reliable builds, with control systems for identifying bugs, exceptions and outages.
- Strong instrumentation of tech and user metrics, to enable reliable insights and fast response. Defining and obsessing over high Quality of Experience benchmarks versus industry players
- Setting up a robust data pipeline strategy such that data-driven management becomes a competitive advantage for Voot Loosely coupled systems, designed to accept data science driven inputs to drive models for personalization, recommendations, retention and revenue optimization.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Growth in Viewership & Active Users across all lines of Businesses of Digital Ventures Leadership in experience metrics for industry benchmarks, Effective management of VOOT’s Tech teams, budgets and processes
- Continued improvement in sprint velocity through prioritization and collaboration. Disruptive innovation that separates Voot from the pack
Qualifications & Experience :
Engineering Degree from Top Institute in Computer Science 20 + years of experience of managing Technology Team, with significant experience in driving a consumer internet product (digital streaming is a plus). Track record in building reliable, scalable and cutting-edge consumer tech products preferably with Video experience
Skills & Competencies :
Considerable experience of Full-stack development of Digital Product(s) Significant experience of building & managing a high-performance Tech team Entrepreneurial mindset, Strong Interpersonal & Partnering skills
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well