Lead Talent Acquisition at Viacom18
Views:1610 Applications:418 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Viacom18 - Senior Manager - Data Science & Analytics - Voot (6-10 yrs)
Senior Manager - Data Science & Analytics
- Voot Data Science is looking for a self-motivated individual with strong modelling, algorithm development and data analytics skills to join the effort of evolving and pushing the envelope of the business of video streaming. Voot's comprehensive video serving platform is comprised of several diverse tech nodes with endless possibilities of strategic connections and building innovations within them. Billions of data points flow into our analytics systems every month, which signifies both the scale of the data as well as indicates the impact any improvement or innovation can create.
- The challenge is managing and balancing the choices of both daily decision-making and creating something of strategic and long term value. In this endeavour, your responsibility will be to build new data and modelling products and solutions and ensure their life cycle to audited implementation.
- The ideal candidate will carry deep expertise of machine learning concepts, proficient coding skills, innovation mindset, familiarity with tech architecture and perseverance to pursue a disruptive idea to fruition. Communication skills are a must and ability to understand and work with diverse functional teams is definitely expected.
- Formulating, suggesting, and managing data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the business's interests.
- Effective management of a team of data scientists working on individual diverse projects.
- Selecting and employing advanced statistical procedures to obtain actionable insights.
- Suggesting ways in which insights obtained might be used to inform business strategies.
- Build, test, validate and visualize data science insights and models, driven by experimentation mindset.
- 6-10 years of experience as a data scientist, in a similar role, preferably in B2C space.
- Proficiency in R or Python, in-depth understanding of SQL and competent in machine learning principles and techniques.
- Ability to relay insights in layman's terms, such that these can be used to inform business decisions.
- Outstanding supervision and mentorship abilities and capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork.