Lead Talent Acquisition at Viacom18
Views:238 Applications:71 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Viacom18 - Assistant Manager - Data Science & Analytics - SVOD-Kids (3-5 yrs)
Who we are:
Viacom 18 Media Pvt. Ltd. is a 49/51 joint venture operation in India between Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B, world's leading entertainment content company, comprising brands like BET, MTV Networks and Paramount Pictures) (www.viacom.com) and the Network18 (www.network18online.com) Group.
Digital Ventures at Viacom18 operates across the multiple OTT businesses of Voot, Voot Select and Voot Kids under the brand umbrella of Voot. Voot is home to a digital entertainment network which brings your favourite shows, movies, toons and thousands of hours of television content to your fingertips, and is constantly looking to push the envelope on user engagement and monetization.
The Voot platform grew out of Viacom18's vison to create a future ready digital business focused on driving the next wave of content consumption, that will shape the future of the Media and Entertainment industry. As Voot grew to a dominant position in the AVOD market, the company also launched subscription products in the SVOD space - first VOOT Kids, India's first and only multi-platform kids- app, and more recently VOOT Select, a premium subscription service, featuring bingeworthy Indian originals and the best of International shows and movies.
- Demonstrate value and impact of analytics for informed business decision making by developing and deploying best-in-class analytical solutions across multiple functions and business units.
- Individual Contributor and Managerial Responsibility: Develop analytical solutions independently and mentor junior data scientists within the team in helping them develop their solutions
- Design, develop & execute the required analytical algorithms, techniques, and statistical methods to develop analytics solutions to address and then solve business problems such as ad pricing, content scheduling, viewership forecast etc.
- Bring structure to large quantities of data and make analysis possible, extract meaning from data to help improve decision making
- Design experiments, test hypotheses and build actionable and scalable models to improve consumer or client experience
- Interpret and contextualize the results in business context and share outcomes/insights through dashboards
- Manage project timelines and provide timely updates on significant issues or developments
- Communicate results, findings and observations in clear and concise documents (presentations, reports) to peers and program leader in formal/informal reviews
- Help decision makers shift from ad-hoc analysis to an ongoing conversation with data
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as business applications team and partner teams to deploy the developed solution to optimize the business operations seamlessly
- Train the key business stakeholders to operate the solution on ongoing basis and ensure adoption
- Provide support to the business teams on deployed solutions when needed
- Stay up-to-date with the latest tools and techniques in data science
- Mentor junior members of the team in data science techniques
Qualification & Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Master's in engineering, math, statistics, economics or relevant quantitative discipline
- Strong academic performance with emphasis on statistics is required
- 3+ years of experience in advanced analytics domain in BFSI, Telecom, Retail, media agency, consulting or digital industry
- Strong knowledge of statistics with experience generating models using techniques such as regression, time series forecasting, clustering, decision trees, optimization models, random forest, machine learning models
- Proficiency with one of the statistical programming tools (eg. R, Python) is a must
- SQL proficiency is a must
- Ability to understand a problem statement and implement analytical solutions & techniques independently or with minimal supervision
- Ability to extract, aggregate and manage large volume data sets using data mining techniques
- Experience with big data platforms and tools (eg. Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Cassandra, Storm) is preferred but not mandatory
- An excellent problem solver with get it done attitude
- Ability to manage stakeholders and mentor junior team members
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.