HR at Vestas Wind Technology India Pvt Ltd
Views:535 Applications:133 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vestas - Service Sales & Account Manager (3-6 yrs)
From the very beginning it became clear to me that in Vestas you can shape your own role. You are indeed able to make your own footprint. At Vestas you have the opportunity to challenge status quo and I truly enjoy working here amongst extremely dedicated people in a constantly changing environment. It is an open atmosphere where people support each other and at the same time challenge each other.
Anne Høj Schibsbye, Senior Director, Powertrain, Global Procurement at Vestas
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a main motivation in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Service APAC > Service Commercial APAC > Service Sales & Account Management IND
The Service Sales Department ASP is overall responsible for accelerating the continuous and profitable business growth in Service across Asia Pacific (ASP) by selling service solutions for Renewable Energy assets to both new and existing customers.
The different service solutions are typically relating to one of the following business areas:
- Long-term Operations & Maintenance agreements (Maintenance Contracting)
- Transactional sales of Parts & Repair solutions (Parts & Repair)
- Sales of upgrades, performance improvement & end-of-life solutions (Fleet Optimization).
Target customers are all investors, owners & operators of Renewable Energy assets and especially Wind Turbine Generators (Vestas & non-Vestas) in the ASP region which consists of the key markets Australia & New Zealand, India, Japan as well as Greater Asia (incl. South-East Asian countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan as well as Pakistan, Mongolia and South-Korea).
As Service Sales & Account Manager you are a key front-line member of the regional Service Sales team. You should create innovative customer experience and employ value-based sales practices to maximize the commercial success of Vestas' Service business and thereby contribute to meeting or exceeding the commercial short and long-term targets in your sub-region and ASP overall (revenue, order intake, contribution margin).
The Service Sales & Account Manager has 3 key responsibilities :
1) Developing, maintaining & utilizing creative customer understanding for assigned accounts
- Understanding customers' general business model and strategy for the ownership & operation of their Renewable/wind assets
- Understanding customers' organizations, key stakeholders and decision processes
- Understanding business case drivers & buying criteria for specific opportunities
- Effectively developing & maintaining relationship to existing and new customers
- Preparing & maintaining account sales plans in line with Service Business Strategy
- Identifying potential improvements or new business opportunities for Vestas Service solutions based on understanding of customer needs
- Communicating continuously, consistently and professionally with customers
- Achieving highest levels of customer satisfaction
2) Developing, maintaining & utilizing market understanding :
- Understanding local energy market and their implications on Operations & Maintenance strategy as well as needs of customers
- Understanding competitors who are innovative in the local market, their overall offerings and value proposition across different Service business areas
- Establishing and maintaining relationship to key external stakeholders in industry
- Identifying required improvements or new business opportunities for Vestas Service solutions based on understanding of market or competitor dynamics
3) Developing & closing Service Sales opportunities by effectively maintaining the sales process from origination to value engineering and negotiation & closing across all Service Business Areas (Maintenance Contracts and transactional business)
- Preparing customer pitches & presentations regarding Vestas' Service solutions and value proposition
- Generating new opportunities & leads based on customer, competitor and market understanding
- Identifying key value levers and setting winning deal strategy
- Preparing deal-specific cost-base and pricing (supported by internal tools & relevant SMEs)
- Developing, writing & submitting compelling proposals / quotations in response to customer enquiries and tenders
- Continuously optimizing deals to create best possible win-win outcomes for customers & Vestas Implementing deal negotiations (with support from Legal team)
- Developing and maintaining detailed closing plans to ensure productive implementation of deals
- Project-Implementing internal stakeholders and cross-functional deal teams
- Actively contributing to cross-functional deal teams in the context of new power plant sales opportunities
- Delivering internal governance & deal approval processes
- Maintaining relevant systems and databases regarding Sales opportunity management
- Ensuring high quality, consistent & timely communication with customers throughout the sales cycle
- Bachelors / Masters degree in Business, Economics or Energy
- Bachelors / Masters in technical area with relevant commercial experience or efficient commercial affinity
- Experience in Account Management and contract negotiations, ideally in heavy industry and energy sector (e.g. WTG OEM, utilities, infrastructure, RE project)
- Innovative skills in English, both oral & written
- Professional written & verbal communication skills
- Innovative commercial understanding and financial literacy
- Understanding of large infrastructure project economics and financial metrics
- Skilled interpersonal skills resulting in ability to develop & maintain efficient customer relationship on various levels of their organization
- Ability to work as part and supervise cross-functional tender teams
- Innovation with ability to work in a multi-cultural context as part of a global matrix organization
- Constructive and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive setting
- Good organizational and planning skills, including time management and coordination of key stakeholders
- Good MS office skills, especially Power Point and Excel
What We Offer :
We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and to work in a multicultural and international company with sustainability and the future of energy at its core. Vestas provides a attractive compensation package as well as long-term career development with a focus on advancing both, your personal and professional skills. Choose us, choose a creative future!
Your primary workplace will be in New Delhi, India
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th November 2022.