Venture Capital - Investment Analyst/Associate (4-6 yrs)
Venture Capital Investment Analyst/Associate
- Looking to add an Analyst/Associate Level investment professional (4-6 Years of Relevant Experience) to the team with prior Venture Capital experience (Candidates with both Front and Back End Investment Banking / M&A experience may apply as well)
- He/She will be a key member of the investment team and would report to multiple partners and would be involved in all aspects of the business.
Key Responsibilities :
- Identify, source investment opportunities both directly and through a network of contacts at universities, VCs, incubators, accelerators, etc.
- Evaluate new investment opportunities and conduct detailed due diligence, along with identifying the trends in various sectors through primary and secondary research and build a steady pipeline of new prospects basis the investment thesis
- Support investment team in negotiation and investment execution and preparing IC Notes
- Assist, manage and monitor individual portfolio companies along with supporting the board members with various tasks - including financial and operating performance, strategic value-add in steering portfolio companies and preparation of periodic reports including financial models and Information Memorandums
- Establish and maintain strong professional networks inside and outside the network, and nurture new and existing portfolio companies, including facilitating contacts for the companies
- Assisting managing the investment and finally helping generate an exit
- Develop and deliver periodic reports on the portfolio and regularly creating fund review reports for investors
- Assist in and coordinate investor reporting and fundraising support
- On the fundraising front, assisting with outreach to investors / fundraising material and quarterly reports, including Execute various projects as needed, including developing and researching investment theses
- At least 4 years of work experience post MBA and education from a leading institution
- Typically the candidate would have worked in a Venture Capital Fund or an Investment banking outfit (Both Sourcing and Execution capabilities are a must)
- The ideal candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, and result oriented; skilled performer with strong research, problem solving, and time management skills along with the ability to multi task
- Compensation would be Base + Carry.
- Currently, the position can be remote but should be willing to move base to Gurgaon