Senior Manager HR at Varaha ClimateAg Private Limited
Views:680 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Varaha - Manager - Carbon Supply (3-5 yrs)
Manager - Carbon Supply
Company Introduction :
Varaha is a tech startup at the intersection of climate, agriculture, and technology. We are decarbonizing the atmosphere while ensuring longevity of investments in emission-capturing natural projects.
Breathing through the mission of changing the status quo, we at Varaha are the world's first developing economy-focused, full-stack climate tech company that aims to offset greenhouse emissions by incentivizing carbon-neutral nature-based practices. Connecting these carbon removal projects with companies and helping them address their net zero emission targets, we provide end-to-end assistance by being a one-stop destination for the creation, quantification, verification, & sale of high-quality carbon-credits.
Each project is meticulously vetted through advanced remote sensing analytics and carbon modelling ensuring every investment results in carbon removal and creates an additional income source for the smallholders farmers along the way. projects.
Position :- Manager - Carbon Supply
Carbon Credit Supply:
The team is responsible for establishing and managing the processes, systems, and tools related to the launch of our operations in new geographies, hiring and deploying teams and rapidly onboarding users. The Carbon Credit Supply function also supports the implementation of best-practices and standards across all the districts we operate in and ensures that our carbon credit supply activities are architected for growth, rapid change and on demand/on site deployment of any new
About the Role:
The Manager - Carbon Supply is responsible for providing overall leadership to the operations and carbon supply teams in the territory as well as monitoring all the south state's growth and ensuring the quality of regenerative agricultural & Agro forestry land brought on board by each state or territory manager and Partners onboarded. This is a highly hands-on job, involving intense project management, multi team coordination, and deep technical knowledge of all areas of agriculture. For this role, we need someone who has experience of working in a fast growth, multi-unit environment, managing complex operations and processes, and who proactively dives into the nitty gritty to improve processes and systems.
- Develop annual planning on geographies and strategic ways of user onboarding
- Identify, qualify, and manage farmers', FPO's, partners, and stakeholders' relationships, ensuring that we get quality data as per requirements and specifications at the best cost on per farmer's onboarding within required timelines.
- Improve overall cost efficiencies by identifying best processes and practices
- Work with various internal stakeholders to accurately and consistently forecast what will be needed, and when.
- Design carbon supply and management strategies alongside District & State teams to eliminate any issues
- Lead the charge to ensure that we are getting the high quality data from each operating region
- Support the implementation of best-practice and standards in all our regions and ensure that our operational activities are architected for growth, cost effectiveness, and on demand/on site deployment of any new projects.
- As well as building a zero tolerance environment for fraud and leakage.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with Sales, operations, Growth, and/or Expansions.
- Agritech/Climate startup experience is preferred.
- Excellent organisational, leadership, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships and engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Ability to discuss a wide range of topics from business strategy to the tactical execution of the strategy
- Prior Experience in sugarcane crops is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities and demands
- A detailed doer - has a track record of getting things done
- A creative problem-solver and a data-driven decision-maker
What we offer:
Join a small, ambitious, and international team and enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits package (ESOP)
- Key role in shaping a fast-growing climate tech startup
- Support for learning & professional development
- A culture of undogmatic, unbureaucratic creativity and collaboration
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Varaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If you are interested in becoming a part of this venture, then we would love to know your story, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.