Partner at Valorega Research & Analytics LLP
Views:3706 Applications:431 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:421
Valorega Research & Analytics LLP - Senior Equity Research Analyst (3-10 yrs)
Freshers please do not apply.
The job involves writing comprehensive equity research reports on companies in multiple sectors, including Utilities, Energy, Agriculture and allied activities, Pharma, Fashion & Apparel, etc. Will also be involved in the company and industry analysis, financial modelling, valuations, sector/country updates, and other custom research work. A candidate should have a good understanding of equities and the broader financial research process.
- Writing comprehensive initiation coverage reports and earnings update reports on companies in multiple sectors, including Energy, Utilities, Agriculture and allied activities, Pharma, Fashion & Apparel, etc.
- Prepare detailed financial/valuation models.
- Work on industry studies and company notes
- Provide quality data and analysis to make the research process more efficient and robust.
- Keep abreast of important trends and developments in the relevant sectors/geographies.
- Provide need-based analysis on unassigned stocks.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and within the team.
- Perform comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research and comparable company analysis.
- Prepare presentations and other materials.
- Guide junior analysts in the team to better organize team's work flow, meet work quality and timelines
- Minimum 3 to 10 years of relevant experience in writing detailed equity research reports including initiation coverage reports and earnings update reports. A candidate should be able to build very complex financial/valuation models.
- Good understanding of capital markets with excellent financial skills. A solid understanding of financial statements, ratios, accounting and valuation concepts.
- Analytical / Problem solving skills, with a logical thought process - to sort, analyse and creatively interpret large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of one or more sectors key drivers, dynamics, trends and indicators would be an advantage
- Database skills - Bloomberg, Datastream, Factset, Factiva, and other financial databases
- Good relationship management, and strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with and coach junior team members
Candidates in this role need to be one of the following:
- Chartered Accountant / CFA Charter holders / CFA Candidates / FRM Charter holders or candidates
- Post Graduate (MBA's / Masters) degree in Finance or Business Administration from reputed Institutions