Senior Manager - Human Resource at V Mart Retail
Views:758 Applications:177 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
V-Mart - Category Manager - Women's Ethnic Wear (8-12 yrs)
- Preparing the yearly and quarterly purchase plan and getting the same approved
- Define quality parameters, terms of dealing for different products to ensure best deals for the organization
- Co-ordinate with planning team and decide on products and SKU to purchase and quantity to be purchased
- Design systems and processes to monitor progress against set plans and targets
- Continuously monitor the sales data to modify purchase plan to ensure minimum inventory with 0% stock outs for the organization
- Responsible for ensuring timely availability of all SKU's as per the agreed plan and quality standards
- Monitor quality of all input materials and ensure they adhere to quality standards of the organization
- Rate the vendors based on delivery, quality etc. and access vendor base continuously to remove non-performing vendors
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure timely arrival of merchandise and settlement of vendor dues
- Coordinate with supply chain and retail operations to ensure material reaches warehouses in time and are of set quality standards
- Lead the discussion on vendor evaluation for the category along with other departments to ensure transparent process
- Co-ordinate with marketing team to support in any marketing activities for the category
- Delivering weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual - revenue, margin and markdown targets
- Contributes in development of range architecture based on consumer segment insights, regional requirements, marketplace knowledge, and competitive data (both online and offline retail)
- Provides timely information on consumer insights and sale rates to sourcing team, to enable them buy better.
- Contributes in creation of sales plans and completely owns up the execution of the same to maximize sell-thrus of the inventory made available to sell.
- Monitoring product lifecycle of every product in the category and take early calls for opportunity maximization
- Executes inter-category / intra-category events and sales promotions.
- Ensures that the product placed on site is relevant to category, features and USP well explained to the viewer in simple customer centric language, product is well packaged to attract and excite customers.
- Conversion and basket size maximization and target achievement.
- Engage with finance department to sort out any tax related issues from the vendor's side
- Scout and develop new vendors to reduce the cost of merchandise for the organization while maintaining the quality
- Identify new vendors and markets for purchase to ensure market competitiveness for the organization in terms of design and price in the category