VP - Human Resources at UrbanClap
Views:2543 Applications:232 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
UrbanClap - Associate Legal Counsel - LLB (4-6 yrs)
Why are we building UrbanClap?
The local and home services industry is very fragmented and unorganized. Prior to UrbanClap, hiring a plumber, beautician, yoga trainer, math tutor etc. was a painful process. There were no standards, no concept of trust, pricing inefficiencies etc. In a nutshell, the industry was shackled in the - yellow pages- era, and had seen no fundamental innovation for far too long.
The UrbanClap team is young and passionate, and we see a massive disruption opportunity in his industry. By leveraging technology, and a set of simple yet powerful processes, we wish to build a platform which can organize the world of services - and bring them to your finger-tips.We believe there is immense value (akin to serendipity) in bringing together customers and professionals looking for each other. In the process, we hope to impact the lives of millions of service entrepreneurs, and transform service commerce they way Amazon transformed product commerce.
Job responsibilities :
- Provide legal support and advice to upper management on relevant legal issues
- Ensure compliance with the internal controls, statutory regulations and other formalities
- Draft legal documents such as contracts, statements, agreements etc.
- Execute procedures for protecting patents, trademarks etc.
- Handle litigation
- Stay on top of competitive landscape to improve category output in the city
- Keeping up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company's legal function
Job requirements :
- Lawyer with a 4-6 years of work ex in a fast growing startup or a large corporate
- In-depth knowledge of administrative law and procedures
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills
What can you expect?
- Quick iterations and deployments - fail-fast attitude
- Access to a world-class mentorship network
- Massive, and direct impact of the work you do on lives of people