HR Associate at Urban Ladder
Views:1159 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:78
Urban Ladder - Assistant Manager - Logistics (5-8 yrs)
Company Information :
Urban Ladder is a leading online furniture and home d- cor company that aims to provide a curated destination for home solutions, to help the Urban Indian build well-furnished, beautiful homes.
With over 1000 products and 25 categories such as wardrobes, sofas, beds, dining tables, storage shelves, etc. Urban Ladder is India's leading online furniture and home d- cor company.
Urban Ladder is backed by top tier venture capital firms Steadview Capital, SAIF Partners and Kalaari Capital and Sequoia Capital. Mr. Ratan Tata, Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons has also made a personal investment in Urban Ladder. In 2014, Urban Ladder bagged the "Best Digital Start-up" Award at the fourth India Digital Awards organised by IAMAI.
Why is this role important :
- Our Logistics Team plays a crucial role in the smooth functioning of Urban Ladder's operations, spanning across sourcing - domestic & international, fulfilment network, line haul transportation & distribution and last mile logistics.
- As a senior member of the team, you will lead day-to-day operations to continuously improve logistics performance and reduce costs while building the long-term strategy and capabilities for a sophisticated multi-channel fulfilment and delivery infrastructure with diverse product categories.
Primary Skills and Functional Experience :
- Define, architect and implement our current and future operational/supply-chain road map
- Responsible for performance of international and domestic logistics network; Develop and manage KPIs that satisfy consumer expectations, marketing requirements and financial targets while optimizing cost and speed
- Reduce cost and time (sourcing supply chain, stock transfers, order placement to customer delivery) by improving carrier costs, optimizing and consolidating orders/routes, and implementing advanced technologies
- Oversee development of systems and processes of continuous improvement.
Desired Skills and Functional Experience :
- 5+ years- experience in logistics management is a must; 3+ years in international shipping & logistics is preferable
- Exposure to line haul, freight forwarding, first mile and last mile supply chain management
- Knowledge of process design and order management systems
- Excellent knowledge of ERP environment and technology related to logistics
- Ability to manage external agencies such as service providers, consultants, etc.
- Strong problem solver and a right balance of creativity and high level analytics
- Flexibility and adaptability, with an ability to work well in ambiguous environment