Urban Company - Senior Category Manager (3-4 yrs)
About Urban Company
Urban Company is a technology platform offering customers a variety of services at home. Customers use our platform to book services such as beauty treatments, haircuts, massage therapy, cleaning, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, painting etc., all delivered in the comfort of their home and at a time of their choosing. We promise our customers a high quality, standardized and reliable service experience. To fulfill this promise, we work closely with our hand-picked service partners, enabling them with technology, training, products, tools, financing, insurance, and brand, helping them succeed and deliver on this promise.
"Our Mission is to empower millions of service professionals by delivering services at-home in a way that has never been experienced before."
Service partners are the backbone of our platform. Our service partners are typically individual professionals working in one service category. We operate a full-stack platform to help them succeed and provide the following -
1. Training & Certification
3. Supplies and products
4. Insurance and Financing support
5. Market access and brand
Scale of Operations and Growth Outlook
Urban Company is present in the top 47 cities in India, and 9 cities internationally. The platform serves approximately 1.5 million+ customer bookings every month through a fleet of 40,000 highly trained service professionals, for a variety of home service needs. The business is growing rapidly at >75% YoY, and has demonstrated significant resilience in the last two years despite the COVID-19 pandemic (Urban Company was awarded The Economic Times Startup Award for COVID led business transformation in 2021, read more here). The company has raised significant growth capital last year, which is still untouched and sitting in the bank, and has a very clear path to profitability for its India business over the next few quarters. Its frugal approach and years of secured runaway allows the UC team to build with a multi-year horizon in mind, while focusing on growth with profitability.
Our Commitment to Building a Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
Urban Company is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and creating an inclusive work environment. We endeavor to :
- Provide equal and fair opportunities for employment to all qualified applicants.
- Maintain a work environment free from harassment based on age, colour, physical ability, marital status, parental status, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
What do we have to offer:
An opportunity like none else - You will be expected to completely own and drive the business, the team and make all decisions for the city cluster. A senior category manager would typically oversee a team of 2-4 Category Managers, and be responsible for all aspects of operations of 2000+ UC partners.
What's in it for you:
- Work on a 0 to 1 problem - Steep learnings, amazing exposures and the thrill of building something new
- Work with Business Leaders- We work as a lean team with a flat structure.
- You will interact with the AVP, Business Head & VP on various projects which gives you an excellent opportunity to learn.
- A high performance, high velocity environment.
What you'll do:
- Build and grow a service category - by owning responsibility for customer experience, partner experience, and partner growth.
- Hands-on approach 2-4 years of work ex - Startups / Ops Heavy roles
- Excellent analytical skills - sharp with numbers
What we'd love:
- Team management experience.
- Work on key initiatives such as pricing, portfolio expansion etc
What we'll need:
- Minimum 2-4 years experience; Working with a team; Ops related role; Non-tech role (Eg: Coding, etc not to be considered)
- Super energetic, loves challenges and solving them.
- Demonstrated leadership of teams and projects - ability to influence and lead.
- Someone who can deliver under tight timelines
What can you expect:
- A great work environment with massive ownership and growth opportunities.
- Work closely with the founding and the leadership team on key projects.
- Execute highly scalable applications & implement best.
- Latest tools and technology to get things done provided by the company
- Health insurance benefits for our employees and their family
- Growth opportunities within UC via our robust internal mobility program
- Competitive salary with bi-annual performance reviews
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.