Urban Company - Manager - Internal Audit (5-7 yrs)
Why are we building Urban Company?
- The local and home services industry is very fragmented and unorganized. Prior to Urban Company, hiring a plumber, beautician, yoga trainer, math tutor etc. was a painful process. There were no standards, no concept of trust, pricing inefficiencies etc. In a nutshell, the industry was shackled in the - yellow pages- era, and had seen no fundamental innovation for far too long.
- The Urban Company team is young and passionate, and we see a massive disruption opportunity in his industry. By leveraging technology, and a set of simple yet powerful processes, we wish to build a platform that can organize the world of services - and bring them to your finger-tips.We believe there is immense value (akin to serendipity) in bringing together customers and professionals looking for each other. In the process, we hope to impact the lives of millions of service entrepreneurs, and transform service commerce they way Amazon transformed product commerce.
Role Objectives :
- Lead in Internal Audit Services in developing and executing the annual audit plan, and take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits of India and other territories outside India by coordinating with different consultants
- Contribute to the Internal Audit (IA) function by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of control, and governance processes.
Key Responsibilities :
- Plan and conduct the opening meetings with auditee to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement to auditee and provide an overview of all steps in the audit process
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes, policies, SOPs and practices in scope for assigned audits and document the processes in flowcharts and/or process narratives. Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the business processes
- Identify and carry out pre-planning work to narrow down on the focus areas.
- Review the Risk Control Matrix, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology
- Review the audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with standards
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies
- Plan and conduct closing meetings with auditee at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues
- Guide and supervise the internal audit consultants during the engagement.
- Responsible for preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the senior management.
- Responsible for presentation and alignment of the results of the audits with the senior management
- Co-develop recommendations and influence the management for overall improvement in control environment.
- Development of the annual Internal Audit plan in line with the planning framework
- Responsible for developing data analytics queries on in-house tool - identifying data analytics, data pattern analysis, logic definition for query and dashboard, quality testing of the exception reports
- Lead investigations assigned to IA on need basis
- Responsible for preparing presentation deck for quarterly Audit Committee (AC) meeting
- Responsible for ongoing follow-up with the business process owners on the implementation of the corrective action plans for the findings highlighted
- Responsible to execute IFC test of operating effectiveness engagement.
Skills and Attributes :
- Coordinate with outsourced consultants independently
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels within the organization - Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values consistent with UC culture
- Experience in implementing of SOX would be a plus
- Experience in implementation and testing of GRC, Access Management
- Ability to stand firm on difficult issues when required and persuade stakeholders for control improvements
- Strong analytical capability
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters
- Demonstrated job commitment, personal flexibility in adapting to fast paced and changing environment to meet changing expectations
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge
- Proficient in conducting audits in the IT environment
- Advanced excel analytics skills and proficiency in preparing power point presentation
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.