Urban Company - Lead - Talent Acquisition (8-10 yrs)
About Urban Company:
At Urban Company we are changing the way the world experiences home and personal services. We have made the experience of buying these services simple and enjoyable, guaranteeing a standardised, high quality and fixed price service.
Our large service categories include
- Salon services for women and men
- Appliance Service, Repairs, and Installations
- Cleaning Services
- Handymen Services
- Home Painting
- Pest Control
Over the last 4 years we have built a network of 50,000+ trained service professionals and served over 2 million customers across major metropolitan cities of India, and in 4 international markets.
Urban Company's vision is to empower 1 million+ service professionals worldwide and to deliver services at home like never before.
The Urban Company platform enables these professionals to become micro-entrepreneurs by helping them in 5 key areas -
- Branding and Customer Access: Working as an individual franchisee of Urban Company
- Financing Access: Opening bank accounts, access to loans, insurance etc.
- Tech Led Service Standardization: Standardizing the service - creating SKUs, fixed and transparent pricing, clear service deliverables, defined SOPs, delivery tracking, payment systems, reviews etc., to help remove friction from the service experience
- Training: Soft and Core Skills Training imparted in our training centres and via the app
- Consumables Supply Chain: Purchasing consumables needed for service delivery in bulk This helps service professionals become more organized and multiplies their earnings. E.g. - Our beauticians typically earn INR 40-50k per month with no upper ceiling (Many earn > INR 100k per month), while in the local salons, they would earn between INR 8-15k per month
Talent Acquisition at Urban Company has two verticals - Tech Recruitment & Non-tech Recruitment
Tech Recruitment involves all hiring and related activities for Engineering, Product, Data and Product Design Team. Non-Tech covers all hiring and related activities for Marketing, Business (Beauty, Homes & Product Business), Customer & Partner Experience, Finance, HR & Admin. Each of these verticals will be led by an individual whole will be responsible for -
1. Build a talent acquisition strategy with leaders of each of the function of the non-tech businesses to ensure that the talent intake is of constant bar raisers and business needs are always met
2. Drive adoption of the system and ensure complete centralisation of data
3. Constantly work on driving candidate experience and hiring experience and work towards taking up the NPS (net promoter score)
4. Build a team of bar-raising recruiters and coach them on the global best recruiting practices
5. Be a core part of the talent brand building team and work towards building Urban Company into one of the most aspirational employer brands
6. Plan employee referral programs. Encourage employees to be brand ambassadors. Come up with new ideas for the same.
7. Responsible for identifying and mapping the external talent pool towards critical positions within the organization and create a strong succession planning pool Attend career and college fairs, and similar events
1. 8-10 years of recruiting experience across multi-nationals AND 3+ years of experience in a high growth Ops based start-ups.
2. You should have experience in managing a large and diverse team, hiring across all levels, as well as campus and niche roles.
3. Experience in campus recruitment, employer branding and recruitment strategies is critical
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills