Urban Company - Lead - Business Finance/Financial Planning & Analysis - CA/IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (5-8 yrs)
Business Finance & FP&A Lead
About Urban Company :
UrbanCompany (www.urbanccompany.com | Android app | iOS app) is India's largest marketplace for home and personal services. The platform helps customers hire reliable and trusted service professionals, be it beauticians, plumbers, yoga trainers or wedding photographers. UrbanCompany was founded in 2014, and over the past 5 years, has scaled to all major metros of India, building a hand-picked network of over 25,000 service professionals.
What drives us?
- The local and home services industry is very fragmented and unorganized. Prior to UrbanCompany, hiring a plumber, beautician, yoga trainer, math tutor etc. was a painful process. There were no standards, no concept of trust, pricing inefficiencies etc. In a nutshell, the industry was shackled in the - yellow pages era, and had seen no fundamental innovation for far too long.
- The UrbanCompany team is young and passionate, and we see a massive disruption opportunity in this industry. By leveraging technology, and a set of simple yet powerful processes, we wish to build a platform which can organize the world of services - and bring them to your finger-tips. We believe there is immense value (akin to serendipity) in bringing together customers and professionals looking for each other. In the process, we hope to impact the lives of millions of service entrepreneurs, and transform service commerce they way Amazon transformed product commerce.
Venture funding :
We have raised 5 rounds of funding (~US$ 135 M) from marquee investors like Vy Capital, Elevation, Accel Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Steadview, Tiger Global and Mr. Ratan Tata etc.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Leverage P&L knowledge to drive decisions
- Providing insightful analysis of business results to senior management and perform ad-hoc analyses that lead to problem-solving and business improving recommendations
- Manage reporting and analysis process including periodic reporting, periodic forecast analysis
- Lead strategic plan and AOP development, including deck analysis and deck preparation
- Annual financial planning, monthly rolling forecasting of entire PnL and drive it through Performance reviews, dashboards and automation
- Monitor targets/budgets and course corrections against plan Vs actual, function wise presentation of monthly Financials and key financial levers
- Get along with the Business/Accounting teams and internal partners for problem solving
- Drive automation around tracking key KPIs for building a high impact FPnA function.
- Continuous tracking of key financials and business metrics, accurate reporting and circulating the same to relevant stakeholders at requisite time intervals
- Acts as a running source of truth for numbers - key metrics and performance drivers
Who are we looking for:
1. A CA/MBA from tier-1 institute with 5-8 years of work experience in FPnA teams or large conglomerates.
2. Experience in Startups will be a plus.
3. Strong analytical skills and a data driven decision making mentality
4. Strong business acumen to understand the business requirements
5. Hustle and get things done attitudes