Urban Company - HR Business Partner (5-8 yrs)
HR Business Partner
About the Role:
The People Partner at Urban Company is a critical pillar to the success of the business and the people strategies at UC. You will be responsible to ensure that business priorities are met using talent strategies as a key lever.
What you'll do:
- Design and deliver targeted solutions with a high degree of focus on scale and growth, talent assessment, change management, team building and leadership coaching
- You are a strategist and have an uncanny ability to connect the dots between where we're going and how we need to to get there
- You are a partner, who builds strong & trusted relationships with the leadership team by helping the organization to scale and providing deep insights
- You deeply understand UC's strategy and aligns it with the organization's structures, processes, initiatives and processes
- You make decisions which are informed by data, experience, and our operating principles
- Act as a coach and partner to managers and leaders in the organization you'll support
- Own the talent management practices for the teams to set up a high performance organization
- Work with assigned functions and senior management teams to understand business, strategies and diagnose current organization performance and plan for the future to be successful
- Interface with members of the team to constantly measure and build team satisfaction -Support organizational change projects and their associated people implications
- Integrate and partner with HR colleagues in the COE teams, Legal, Finance teams to implement solutions and help scale the business
- Be a key builder of the People Success team and its people practices
What you'll need:
- Postgraduate degree with 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in BP roles is mandatory in startups, with additional experience in large consultancies or FMCGs
- Strong ability to form relationships across the organization, navigate through it and influence leadership to drive agendas.
- Hands-on approach to work, someone who is willing to get their hands dirty
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Effective communication and critical thinking skills.
- Strong business insight with a keen aptitude to quickly assimilate new information.
- Demonstrate ability to establish trust, fairness and credibility with employees, managers and other partners.
- Solid team player and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
What can you expect?
- A phenomenal work environment, with huge ownership and growth opportunities
- Massive, and direct impact of the work you do on lives of people
- A high performance, high velocity environment at the cutting edge of growth
- Rubbing shoulders with some of the smartest folks in the ecosystem
- A culture of 'doers' and not one of 'approvals'
- Strong ownership expectation and freedom to fail
UC folks you will work with:
We understand that the people you work with and learn from is the single most important determinant of how much you enjoy working at a place. In fact, this defines the culture in many ways. Here is a list of UC folks you can expect to interact with on a daily basis:
People Success Team:
Neha Mathur, Senior VP (Ex. Uber, GE, TISS)
Sana Nayyar, VP (Ex. Supreme Group, LSE)
Utkarsh Bindal, Director (Ex. Airtel, Bira91, MDI)
Shruti Kher, AVP (Ex. ICRA, SRCC, MDI)
About Urban Company?
Urban Company is a tech-enabled home services marketplace. Customers use our platform to book services, such as beauty treatments, haircuts, massage therapy, cleaning, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, painting , which are delivered in the comfort of their home and at a time of their choosing. We promise our customers a high quality, standardized and reliable service experience. To fulfill this promise, we work closely with our hand-picked service partners, enabling them with technology, training, products, tools, financing, insurance, and brand, helping them succeed and deliver on this promise.