Manager - Talent Acquisition at Urbancompany
Views:1641 Applications:453 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:326
Urban Company - Cluster Lead - Supply Operations - Cleaning Category (4-6 yrs)
Urban Company is a technology platform offering customers a variety of services at home. Customers use our platform to book services such as beauty treatments, haircuts, massage therapy, cleaning, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, painting etc., all delivered in the comfort of their home and at a time of their choosing. We promise our customers a high quality, standardized and reliable service experience. To fulfill this promise, we work closely with our hand-picked service partners, enabling them with technology, training, products, tools, financing, insurance, and brand, helping them succeed and deliver on this promise.
Urban Company started out as UrbanClap in Nov 2014, when its founders, Abhiraj, Raghav and Varun realized that the home services industry was predominantly unorganized, fragmented and offline. Customers found it difficult to avail quality services in a convenient manner, and service professionals were struggling to make ends meet, having to rely upon several middlemen, contractors, and local aggregators.
About the Role & Team :
- Our business is executed by small high powered teams for each sub-vertical handling all aspects of business for a cluster of 3-4 cities. This team is led by a Cluster Lead. The right individual should have a combination of sharp analytical decision making, sound business judgement, robust result driven execution and creative iterative business building.
- A Cluster Lead would typically oversee a team of 7-8 Senior Category Managers, Category Managers, and Trainers and be responsible for all aspects of operations of 1,000-2,000 UC partners.
What You'll Do :
- Independently own and build all aspects of UC's business across your vertical -building the supply chain across selection, training and onboarding of professionals; daily operations; quality of service; user growth and expansion.
- Grow the marketplace while optimising multiple opposing factors like service availability and supply utilisation; scaling user growth while improving operational excellence and quality of service.
- Build, coach and lead a high performance team across business development, skill training and growth.
- Collaborate across multiple central teams including functional specialists and business category teams to ensure coherence and other regional teams to share/learn best practices.
- Drive user growth through local marketing initiatives, partnerships as well as localising the offering/pricing for your market.
- In a nutshell, the Cluster Lead is expected to completely own and drive the business, the team and make all decisions for the city cluster. If being a lynchpin of an organization and business excites you, we'd love to meet you and talk more.
What we Need :
- 4-6 years of experience in a high growth operations based startup, FMCG or other consumer companies, or consulting
- High sense of ownership and a penchant for excellence
- Prior experience in operations or category management a bonus
Folks you will work with:
We understand that the people you work with and learn from is the single most important determinant of how much you enjoy working at a place. In fact, this defines the culture in many ways. Here is a list of UC folks you can expect to work with and collaborate with:
1. Aditya Shrivastava- SVP (Repairs)
2. Salil Agarwal- VP (Painting)
3. Aayush Agarwal- VP (Repairs)
4. Arushi Arora- VP (Cleaning)
5. Rishav Jain- Business Head (Salon)
What can you expect:
- A great work environment with massive ownership and growth opportunities - we hire folks for a career opportunity, not just the role.
- Energy and hustle of a startup with processes and depth of a big organization
- Expect to work with people you can learn from and are invested in your growth
- Opportunity to be part of the mission to transform customer and partner experience
- Latest tools and technology to get things done provided by the company
- Health insurance benefits for you and your family
At Urban Company we are committed to providing equal and fair opportunities in employment and creating an inclusive work environment. We endeavor to maintain a work environment free from harassment based on age, colour, physical ability, marital status, parental status, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity.