Urban Company - Category Manager - Salon (1-4 yrs)
Why are we building Urban Company?
The local and home services industry is very fragmented and unorganized. Prior to Urban Company, hiring a plumber, beautician, yoga trainer, math tutor etc. was a painful process. There were no standards, no concept of trust, pricing inefficiencies etc. In a nutshell, the industry was shackled in the - yellow pages- era, and had seen no fundamental innovation for far too long.
The Urban Company team is young and passionate, and we see a massive disruption opportunity in his industry. By leveraging technology, and a set of simple yet powerful processes, we wish to build a platform that can organize the world of services - and bring them to your finger-tips. We believe there is immense value (akin to serendipity) in bringing together customers and professionals looking for each other. In the process, we hope to impact the lives of millions of service entrepreneurs, and transform service commerce they way Amazon transformed product commerce.
1. Independently own and build all aspects of Urban Company's business across your vertical building the supply chain across selection, training, and on-boarding of professionals; daily operations; quality of service; user growth and city expansion.
2. Growing the marketplace while optimizing multiple opposing factors like service availability and supply utilization; scaling user growth while improving operational excellence and quality of service.
3. Collaborate across multiple central teams including functional specialists and business category teams to ensure coherence and other regional teams to share/learn best practices.
4. High ownership role, owning end to end of the category's performance is required.
1. Fluency in Tamil is mandatory.
2. The right individual should have relevant experience of 1-4 years in sales and operations, with a combination of sharp analytical decision making.
3. Ability to make sound business judgments.
4. Skills corresponding to robust result drive execution, and creative iterative business building.
What can you expect?
1. A phenomenal work environment, with massive ownership and growth opportunities.
2. A high performance, high-velocity environment at the cutting edge of growth.
3. Strong ownership expectation and freedom to fail.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.