upGrad - Assistant Manager - Legal - LLB/LLM (2-4 yrs)
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Analytics, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, and was rated as one of the top 10 most innovative companies in India for 2017 - https://www.fastcompany.com/most-innovativecompanies/ 2017/sectors/india . upGrad is co-founded by 3 IIT-D alumni and the 4th co-founder is serial entrepreneur Ronnie Screwvala. upGrad has a committed capital of 100Cr and in the first year of operations, has built the largest revenue generating online program in India (PG Diploma in Data Analytics) and the largest enrolment online program in India (Start-up India learning program).
The incumbent will carry out a range of functions and tasks in support of the legal team under the direct supervision of Director - Legal. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of legal contracts with business partners, trade-vendors, customers etc.
- Assist the businesses with compliance and risk management related matters and where necessary, prepare checklists for compliances under relevant laws, coordinating with various departments and ensuring the compliance as per checklist, conducting legal audit and due diligence
- Drafting of legal notices, reply to customer complaints, representations and replies for statutory authorities requiring legal advice and assistance etc.
- Taking sessions on Employee relations and behavior and informative sessions on Code of code of organization
- Supporting stakeholders in implementing ethics and compliance policy of the company.
- Co-ordination with Advocates and Counsels in connection with company litigation.
- Preparation and review of notice, reply, application, petition and written statements etc.
- Review progress of on-going cases and provide regular updates to seniors
- Anticipate legal support needs of the business and help define and drive the strategic plan of the Business.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum LLB /LLM from a reputed College/University
- 2-4 Years of Post -Qualification Experience
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and oral).
- Sound Knowledge of Computers-MS word and Excel
- Confidence to speak on legal issues to internal stakeholders and familiarity to navigate through complex processes
- Well-versed in offering general legal and commercial advice.
- Preferred from Education/Internet/E-Commerce/Media/FMCG Or Any Service Industry
- Organization and prioritization skills, Effective time management, detail and accuracy