Director at Unitus Capital Private Limited
Views:11626 Applications:1263 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1238
Unitus Capital - Associate - Investment Banking/Equity - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (3-8 yrs)
Unitus Capital was launched in 2008 as an investment bank specializing in arranging capital for companies benefiting those at the bottom of the economic pyramid in sectors including financial services, agriculture, education, health care, renewable energy and women's empowerment. Headquartered in Bangalore and with representation in New York, San Francisco and Sydney, our team of ~30 finance professionals offer a range of investment banking services to facilitate access to venture and growth capital for businesses and to enable investment by investors seeking social, environmental and financial returns. To date, we have successfully raised over $2 billion for over 107 clients in India, Indonesia, China, Philippines and Australia across sectors.
Some of our key accomplishments include:
- Rated #1 investment bank with respect to deal volume by Venture Intelligence (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018) and VCCEdge (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018)
- As a general partner with Patamar Capital, we have launched The Livelihood Investment Fund to invest in companies that increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of the working poor across Asia
- Advised on several marquee transactions including the first IPO of an Indian microfinance institution; first buy-side equity investment in the Indian microinsurance sector; first to close multiple non-convertible debenture transactions for Indian social businesses; first to close multiple rated and unrated portfolio sales for Indian microfinance institutions; first to close significant impact investing transactions across multiple countries in Asia (including Australia, China and the Philippines)
More information on Unitus Capital (UC) can be found at www.unituscapital.com.
Summary: The Associate is a key member of the UC team, and this position presents an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of innovative transactions for impact businesses, with exposure to different industry sectors, geographies and varied structure products.
- Transaction Execution: Associates will be a part of a 2 - 3 member transaction execution team and will be responsible for executing the transactions end-to-end with the team.
This will involve
(i) aiding preparation of materials like information memorandum, financial models, teasers, competitive analyses and mapping, valuation models etc., working with junior analysts / analysts as the case may be
(ii) day to day management of investor calls and meetings, aiding senior members in leading investor conversations
(iii) Aiding senior team members in term sheet and SHA / SSA discussions and negotiations
(iv) Relationship building with the client and relevant counterparts in the client team. The Associate will have the necessary experience and skill sets to guide on / finalise marketing materials like information memorandum and business projections with adequate strategic guidance from the senior on the transaction team.
- Business Development: Associates will have the additional responsibility to support respective sector leads in business development including
(i) To research and analyze industry, economic, market, and regulatory data as required to support sector coverage activities
(ii) Assist in preparing presentations / marketing materials for use in client coverage, other business development activities, conferences, etc.
- Corporate Development: Associates will also be jointly responsible with the rest of the team for helping with internal initiatives such as maintaining sector and investor databases, revenue / transaction milestone tracking, corporate presentations and business development materials, newsletters and company website.
- Support senior team members and clients in any other ancillary tasks from time to time as the case may be
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in investment banking and an MBA from a premier institution or CFA
- Excellent skills with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- High degree of expertise in building and analysing financial models
- High degree of expertise in making investment memorandum, presentations, conducting secondary research, industry analysis etc
- Experience with or networks with venture capital and private equity ecosystem in India
- Strong fundamental understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Strong understanding of business valuation techniques, including comparable company/transaction analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Strong desire to work hard
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter, with solid team skills
Desired candidates will have the ability to out-perform this job description, thrive in a collegial, dynamic, entrepreneurial and driven culture, and have a passion for making a difference.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your skills and experience align with
Shortlisted candidates will be invited by UC to participate in the interview and selection process, which will include telephonic interviews, a short technical assignment and an in-person interview at the final stage.
These positions are open until filled. UC is an equal-opportunity employer.