Talent Aquisition at Unacademy
Views:912 Applications:163 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Unacademy - Head/General Counsel - Legal - LLB (15-25 yrs)
- Managing organization's legal matters.
- Advising executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Create, manage and be responsible for the Organizations risk management policy and framework.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the organization
- Managing the regulatory aspects of the company's business and take proactive decisions and recommend appropriate actions to the company's leadership.
- Managing organization's intellectual property and structure agreements in a manner that is legally favourable
- Lead corporate capital raising activities and negotiate SHA / SSA from a company perspective
- Lead, manage all M&A / investment activities from a legal perspective for the organization
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Manage overall compliance with respect to all applicable statutes including Companies Act, Labour laws, statutory filings, licensing, forms etc
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issues
- Working alongside other departments within the company
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements
- Providing training to the company on legal topics
- Legal degree from accredited, top-tier law school.
- 15+ years practice with an established law firm
- Prior in-house or start up experience will be an additional advantage
- Business savvy - Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- Strong knowledge and experience of working on Content / IP laws / agreements
- Proficient legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
About Unacademy :
- Headquartered in Bengaluru, Unacademy is India's largest learning platform that brings expert educators together with millions of students in need of quality education.
- Unacademy, since its inception in 2010, has earned the trust and gained recognition from countless learners and has provided opportunities to several thousands of Educators to actively participate in the education revolution it has undertaken.
- We are changing the way India learns, one lesson at a need of quality education
- To know more, download the Unacademy Learning App from Play Store, App Store or visit us at unacademy.com
Check us out :