Udaan - Sourcing Lead - FMCG - IIM/FMS/MDI/XLRI (2-10 yrs)
UDAAN is about making business easy in India, about making B2B commerce convenient and efficient. We believe B2B is the new B2C in India. India has 50m+ SMBs, who form core of Indian economy and society. They are the entrepreneurial pulse of India. We believe internet is a great equalizing platform. We want to bring our energies together in bringing power of Internet to these millions of entrepreneurs.
Udaan is a B2B trade platform for small & medium businesses in India. It brings traders, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and manufacturers in India on to a single platform. At Udaan we are looking to create a fundamentally disruptive value proposition for small and medium businesses across India. If you are a small and medium business in Food & FMCG, Clothing or Electronics, Udaan gives you the power to:
- FIND customers, suppliers & products across categories
- DEAL directly with businesses of interest & discuss trade
- BUY & SELL on your terms - with secure payments & smooth logistics
- GROW your network through repeats & relationships with like-minded parties
Udaan is poised to be to B2B trade what Whatsapp is to social communication and Facebook is to social networking!
Visit us at - https://udaan.com and enter your mobile number to download the Udaan app at Google Play or Apple app store.
We are looking for an all-star to be part of our Biz team. If you are comfortable in an - all hands-on deck- environment, love solving problems and want to change how commerce happens in India, this is the place for you.
- Responsible to drive Top line and Bottom line in alignment with the company strategy and for respective category
- Assortment planning through Market visits by understanding buyer insights, seasonality changes, brand and competition strategies
- Finalizing right mix of supplier/distributors to meet geographical sales demand with periodical review on brand performance and driving vendor relation
- Developing joint plans with suppliers to ensure appropriate investment budget for enhancing category growth and the return on investment for mutual benefits
- Plan and design the launch of new product line. Monitor and evaluate success of launches
- End to end ownership of first party business ensuring good fill rates, in-stock rates, vendor reconciliations, customer escalations and other operational issues
- Coordination with supply chain to ensure fill rates and In-stocks are maintained with minimal working capital, with finance for closing monthly category margins, quarterly vendor reconciliations and with Store Operations for solving customer queries, concerns and other operational issues
What we are looking for:
- A degree in engineering, economics or similar field with MBA in General Management from Tier 1 institutes
- 3 - 5 years of experience in hard core staples procurement with any Modern Trade/Cash & Carry/Ecommerce
- A demonstrated record of leading team, hiring talent, team development
- Excellent data analysis, data interpretation and first party problem solving approach
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment and a generalist do-what- it takes mind-set
- A demonstrated record of positively owning and leading initiatives and continuous process improvement mind-set
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily
- Naturally curious. You are innovative, extremely creative, analytical and constantly challenging the status quo
- Graceful. You are self-aware, well-spoken and humble. You will be the face of UDAAN
- You are fun to work with and excited about building something awesome for SMB's in India