Udaan - Senior Legal Counsel - Real Estate Sector (10-12 yrs)
This role is responsible for handling all legal matters relating to property leasing, litigation and all other real estate related legal affairs pan-India.
What You'll do:
- Carrying out due diligence directly and wherever required, through close co-ordination with external counsels.
- Assessment,advisory,and mitigation of legal risks associated with the companys business for each location and preparing LOIs,lease deeds,license agreements,built to suit agreements, leave and license agreements,business conducting agreements, maintenance agreements, utility agreements etc,in connection with retail space,Warehouses,hubs, Fulfilment centres, Office Space etc
- Updating leasing statuses in weekly reviews and working closely with stakeholders to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Understanding the impact of stamp duty and registration of lease, Leave and License documents of all the states in India and ensuring timely registration and renewals of all lease and Leave and License documents all over India.
- Advisory on compliance of local and municipal laws (pan-India).
- Working with teams to develop standard department practices and imparting training to team members wherever necessary.
What makes you a great fit:
- 10-12 years of in-house legal experience (preferably in fast-paced environments)
- Strong legal and business judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding and knowledge on the Acquisition and merger of the industrial and commercial properties.
- Knowledge on conversion and usage of Land and building from agriculture to non-agriculture, residential to non -residential commercial, industrial to commercial usage.
- Timely understating on the amendments of Transfer of property act, Indian Stamp Act, Municipal Laws, Land revenue Act, Rent Control Act etc.