Udaan - Accounts Payable Operations Lead (7-10 yrs)
Udaan is a B2B ecommerce platform that brings traders, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, and manufacturers in India on to a single platform. Our goal is to make doing business easy in India & make B2B commerce convenient and efficient.
About the role
The individual will be responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving payments, and processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Preparing, reviewing, reconciling, and issuing bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures.
- Ensuring that all repayments, interest payments, FLDG invoked are paid on time
- Verifying vendor/lender partner invoices with applicable DOA and ensuring that they are settled on time
- Preparing daily consolidated deposits of cash received by all cash handling employees
- Ensuring appropriate financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are operating as intended.
- Ensuring all processes are operating efficiently and effectively
- Problem solving: Ability to work in ambiguity and solve a given business problem and provide relevant inputs for key organization decisions
- Data driven/analytical: Process and analyse large volume of multiple data streams to enable meeting company targets
- Collaborative skills: Coordinate with the internal and external teams for inputs and reporting requirements and navigate these relationship dynamics in a high growth, young, agile business environment.
- Results orientation: Working on daily numbers, short-term goals and long-term milestones set by business and efficacy.
- Attention to detail: High attention to detail with commitment to accuracy & completeness.
- Business and Commercial Acumen
- Should have 7-10 years of demonstrated experience of working in process oriented and high-quality work environments.
- Qualification required: CA, M.Com/MBA, preferably CA/CWA Inter cleared
- Experience in E-commerce/start-ups and with Inventory background preferred
- Excellent Excel knowledge and ability to navigate large volumes of data
- Should possess strong understanding in the areas of financial applications and accounting standards.
- Must be comfortable with Excel / ERP / Data tool / Data warehouse queries to handle a heavy database.
- Must have a sound understanding of the trading business with similar trade experience FMCG / Food / Retail / Pharma etc.
- Must have experience in managing Vendor reconciliation / Warehouse Inventory Recon / Payment and Invoicing process.
More About us
Founded in 2016, we operate across categories including lifestyle, electronics, home and kitchen, staples, fruits and vegetables, FMCG, toys, and general merchandise. Our platform enables small manufacturers, farmers, mills, and brands to market and sell their products across the country with 100% payment security and complete transparency. While doing so, it enables small businesses such as shopkeepers, kirana, restaurants, street vendors, chemists, offices, small factories, contractors, etc. to source from a large selection of products at the best prices from all over the country through the udaan App. Our e-commerce platform has enabled logistics and provides fast, low-cost, low-wastage, highly-reliable shipping and delivery of products across India. udaan Capital, the Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) arm focuses on Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) financing services, provides financial products for sellers and buyers to grow their business. udaan is headquartered in Bangalore and has a network of over a million retailers across 900+ cities connected to over 20,000+ sellers.
Follow us on LinkedIn to learn more about us & stay updated with what's happening at Udaan !!
To become part of our growth story, visit our career website https://careers.udaan.com/#!/ and apply to relevant opportunities that are open at the moment !!