Uber - Senior Business Planning Associate - Central Strategy & Planning - APAC Community Operations (6-10 yrs)
About Community Operations
Community Operations is the organization having the most frequent and meaningful interactions with Uber's customers - drivers, riders, couriers, eaters, restaurants - throughout their lifetime. Our mission is to develop a world-class support organization that scales effectively, is reliable and consistent, and provides unmatched service to our Uber community.
About the Role
We are looking for Sr. Business Planning Associate to join the Central Strategy & Planning team within APAC Community Operations. Our mission as a team is to ensure that APAC CommOps will invest in the right opportunities and deliver leading-edge cost advantage. The Sr. Business Planning Associate will assist the Business Planning Lead in focusing on driving strategic, financial, and operational planning across Uber Business Units - Rides & Eats- and channels.
For this role, we are looking for candidates with experience in management and strategy consulting. The role will require experience in strategic thinking, great planning & organizational and problem-solving skills. A strong sense of drive and end-to-end ownership is a must for the role. The candidate is at ease with data analytics and modeling techniques has the ability to sync a strategic mentality with an operational attitude and delivers under tight deadlines.
The candidate we are seeking is an effective, structured communicator who will interact with a broad stakeholder group, working closely with other Strategy & Planning teams, Strategic Finance, global and regional Community Operations teams, and our network of support centers.
What you'll do:
- Assist APAC Business Planning Lead in planning operations for APAC CommOps (250M$+ budget)
- Perform budget, forecasts, and capacity planning for APAC CommOps
- Develop/run sophisticated financial and operational modeling
- Manage high-stakes relationships with partners across complex matrix organizations
- Coordinate capacity planning in APAC network of in-house support locations
- Develop business cases in close collaboration with Regional Operations teams to support investment decisions
- Contribute/drive APAC-wide projects related to strategic priorities
- Special projects/ad hoc analyses - new initiatives, products, risks, and opportunities are constantly arising
- Build an outstanding cost structure
- Scope options and making recommendations to drive strategy and business decision
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
What you will need:
- BS/MSc in Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or similar
- Minimum 3-4 years in Management and Strategy Consulting
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Planning and organization are second nature to you in order to succeed in this job.
- Proficient in Excel / Google Sheets and in financial / forecasting modeling skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills. You can handle complexity but strive for simplicity. You possess the ability to distill complex analyses and nuanced problems into simple, logical frameworks with meaningful insights and concrete action plans for our audience and partners.
- Strong stakeholder management and change management skills. High emotional intelligence and adept communication are required in our fast-moving environment
- Structured and effective communicator (written communication, presentations, and verbal)
- Attention to detail combined with swift execution. We need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well!
- Hustle - hustle, and passion are the lifeblood of Uber. We move fast and deliver results because of our hustle and passion
- At ease working with data analytics and complex data sets (excited to improve data analyst skills using SQL)
- Strong preference for people who are proficient in SQL