Uber - Manager - Business Operations - Data Analytics - Intercity (3-5 yrs)
I am inspired by Uber's mission to set the world in motion and build opportunities by enabling mobility. The culture at Uber is all about doing the right thing, period. This is very powerful and inspiring. It motivates me to bring my best self to work and to be sharply focused on how my team can help build customer delight. I am constantly enthused by the high energy, innovation and commitment of our teams and the relentless focus on solving...
Manasi Chadha, Head of Customer Experience, India & South Asia
Manager - Business Operations - Intercity
About this role :
As a Regional Operations Manager (Marketplace & New initiatives) in the Uber Intercity team in IndiaSA, you will help us fuel the growth of this product category across India & South Asia region by maintaining marketplace health, crafting robust pricing and incentive strategies and scaling strategic growth bets (like Reserve, Expansion markets & Airports)
We require data analytics for deriving business insights related to the Uber Intercity marketplace; hence proficiency in SQL and data analytics is a must! In addition, we are also looking for someone with strong business acumen, ownership, entrepreneurial approach, problem-solving and stakeholder management skills.
What You'll Do :
- Solve marketplace reliability and efficiency challenges by using data, identifying the root cause and implementing an effective, long-term, and scalable solution
- Category creation for new growth bets with end-to-end ownership of strategy for demand growth and supply acquisition
- Identify local product needs and work with global collaborators to conceptualize and implement solutions; Develop and lead GTM strategy for feature rollouts
- Design and scale new processes or optimize existing processes to keep the marketplace balanced, reliable and efficient
- Monitor industry trends and competitor landscape and dynamically respond to market needs
- Build and develop positive relationships with cross-functional teams (e.g., Operations, CommOps, Product, CRM etc.)
What You'll Need :
- 3+ years of experience in business analytics, high-growth startups, management consulting or investment banking
- Bachelor's degree from top universities in Engineering, Economics, Business, or other fields with a quantitative focus
- Proficiency in data analytics, SQL and Excel modelling & a demonstrated ability in data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment
- A creative approach that enjoys experimentation and is willing to take bold bets despite the risk of failure
- A strong sense of ownership that enables you to independently plan and lead multiple projects and have the ability to deliver in a multifaceted complex environment
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and embrace a generalist do-what-it-takes attitude
- Lead and deliver end-to-end projects on time with autonomy in a constantly evolving, rapid-growth environment; and demonstrated the ability to coordinate, plan and prioritize tasks across multiple projects.