Transition/Transformation Specialist - IT (15-20 yrs)
Transition / Transformation Specialist
Location- Delhi NCR/ Mumbai/ Bangalore
Senior programme manager responsible for defining Transition and Transformation Strategies, interfacing directly with client at CIO / Board level. Has demonstrate able experience in managing large complex global implementation programmes and in driving large organizational change programmes. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in accomplishing objectives. Integrates advanced technology, theories or techniques that have a significant continued impact across disciplines and business units.
Provides innovative solutions to complex and critically sensitive issues affecting multiple disciplines and work groups. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Supports the managing stakeholder relationships
- Manages complex multi-function and/ or global programmes and relationships with senior and executive stakeholders
- Manages internal as well as external resources with a team size generally greater than 60 people or more
- Drives consensus across the organization on difficult topics
- Mentors others providing a role model and support for individual development
- Establishing and ensuring that appropriate processes are used/followed (such as reporting, risk management, lessons learned, quality, escalating, communications etc.) as listed in the SOW.
- Managing the Transition program for all functions (MS, HR, Procurement etc) and co-ordinates all the PMO internal and external project activities.
- Leading the overall Transition/Transformation team during Pursuit and/or Transition/Transformation phases of the deal.
- Supports Transition Managers in execution of Transition (project) activities
- Selecting and assigning Project Managers to head each aspect of Transition/Transformation including: Technical Towers, HR, Finance and administration, Assets, 3rd party contracts, Governance, etc.
- Assisting in acquiring staff and material resources for the Transition/Transformation programs and associated projects.
- Ensuring that all Transition/Transformation Project Plans are consistent, congruent, and integrate with the overall Deal Project Plan and customer Transition/Transformation plans. Lead and manage the execution of the Project Plans.
- Financial management for Transition/ Transformation activities, including setting budgets, approving forecasts.
- Accountable for re-baselining the T1/T2 budget post 90 day review period OR re-baselining the cost and budget data and assessing impact on ASPIRE/Plan Of Record together with the then Finance representative, Client Manager and Account Delivery Manager to assure delivering to s financial commitments.
- Supporting the Project Managers of Transition/ Transformation projects in developing each project's scope of work, estimates, schedule and risk
- Accountable for leading internal breakthrough improvement programmes that strategically evolve the maturity of the methodology within Strategic Outsourcing. Is seen as an authority and leader in all aspects of transition / transformation activities.
- Consult on IT Market , strategy and trends
- Be a Coach and Mentor
Education and experience
- 15+ years Project/Programme Management Experience
- Min of 10+ years managing major IT/ Transition / transformation implementation projects
- 5+ years industry experience in delivery or account management roles
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Required
- Must have an Undergraduate Degree. (Preferred fields include Business, Computer Science, IT/ IS , or Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or equivalent combination education or experience).
Knowledge and skills
- Highly developed project and program management skills applied to global and complex projects and programs
Advanced knowledge of;
1. ITIL or ITSM
2. Risk Management skills
3. Transition and Transformation Rollouts
4. Programme Financial Mgmt
- Highly developed people management skills, as may have many indirect reports
- Analyze and resolve problems
- Focus on customers
- Design and deliver presentations
- Influence management in defining customer needs
- Highly developed negotiation skills and ability to influence contract content
- Manage variable workforce
- Manage implementation of policies and procedures
- Manage Major Projects and Programs
- Deep understanding of business processes
- Skilled at leading strategic discussions at a CIO / Board level.
- In depth knowledge of Financial Management controls and key financial business fundamentals of Managed Services overall
Scope and impact
- Typically $100 to $500M deals
- Involved in pursuit phase and is vital in determining parameters of deal
- Contributions have major impact on business (Cost, Efficiency, TCE).
- Generally managing internal project budget in excess of $20M
- Typically involves high degree of transformation, (e.g., mergers, divestitures & acquisitions)
- Impact is evidenced by multiple contributions over time and performance demonstrates sustained level of contribution
- Sets strategic direction of project, understands all contractual and technical aspects
- Will typically head up 5+ towers in extremely complex geographies.
- Typically the deals are global or multi-national in scope
- Has an in-depth and comprehensive understanding of the critical business success factors.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of key Services’ operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to project management.
- Has an extensive understanding of critical projects or a program and supervises other project managers on very large multi-function projects
- Project normally is global Leads large, cross-organization projects that affect HP Services’ long term strategic goals
- Manages projects which typically require advanced scheduling and coordination techniques to meet stakeholder.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.