HR at Trafigura Global services Private Limited
Views:1960 Applications:185 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:151
Trafigura - Risk Analyst - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (1-5 yrs)
Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports, and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil & refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining group; and Galena Assets Management.
The company is owned by over 700 of its 8,000 employees who work in 80 offices and 41 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD 12 billion in 2003 to USD 231 billion in 2021. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
Trafigura Global Services (TGS) is the fully owned subsidiary of Trafigura, a Global In-House Delivery Center, set-up for aggregating Middle and Back office functions critical to support our trading life cycle. The entity has 600+ employees, adopts best in class technology and practices enabling operations across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Main Purpose :
- The Deals Desk is a middle office team providing market and risk analysis globally on a real time basis. The team's primary responsibilities revolve around monitoring all elements of the risk and exposures related to commercial activity and report it directly to the Management Board on a daily basis.
- Commercially, the team adds value by providing traders with risk assessments and analysis which highlight their exposure, optionality and P&L. These reports are essential to help them make the right commercial decisions and optimize the opportunities their portfolios generate, all the while providing Deals Desk employees with an unprecedented office learning experience in the world of trading.
- The deals desk team is responsible for maintenance and enhancement of core P&L data to increase accuracy and timeliness of the daily trading results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
Candidates preferably with at least 1-5yrs work experience with the following :
- MBA in Finance from Tier 1 college
- Degree in Engineering is desirable
- Should be meticulous and innovative
- Have reasonable market analysis skills
- Should be proficient excel abilities
- Familiarity with using multiple systems is a plus
- Strong organisational skills
- Should have excellent English communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced high pressure environment
Key Responsibilities :
- To fully master the role takes years of training as it requires an in-depth knowledge of every element of physical and derivative trading, as well as being able to interpret the impact of operational, financial and political changes on the underlying position and profit.
- Whilst all responsibilities and accountabilities of the role remain based upon the core principles of risk management, the factors that drive them change on an hour by hour, day by day basis as the company discovers new and innovative ways to generate a wide and truly diversified portfolio
- Be responsible for the production and reporting of daily trading positions and management P&L, production and monitoring of daily trading P&L and volumetric exposure reports, post deal review and system reconciliation. Enter inception P&L for all new trading strategies, and maintain the economics on these strategies from cradle to grave
- Independently justify the economics applied to each trading strategy.
- Apply forward curve on daily basis for physical and derivative markets to current position and to explain the impact on the trading P&L.
- Produce daily commentary for board of directors / traders to explain the change in the trading profit and loss due to market changes/change in estimated / actual economics for each deal.
- Analyse exposure and M2M profit and loss on physical/derivative portfolios.
- Allocate all physical and derivative transactions to correct trading strategy.
- Ensure all market price risk is captured and hedge actions executed.
- Assess implication of changes to future physical deliveries and report and discuss impact of hedge strategy.
- Creation and maintenance of ad-hoc reports to assist in any area of position reporting /structure /hedging ( data integrity / trade entry / irregular business structures ).
- Full responsibility for integrity of data in trading systems that is used to generate the above items
Key Relationships :
Deals Management, Physical/Derivative Traders, Operators, Finance Dept, Chartering Dept, Demurrage Dept, Deals Team.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.