HR at Trafigura
Views:1986 Applications:327 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:124
Trafigura - Analyst - Oil Operations (0-3 yrs)
The Operations team, which runs the logistics in our firm, is at the heart of our business. The role of an oil operator is techno-commercial in nature which requires an individual to apply their technical knowledge to understand and maximize the P&L for the trader. It requires the operator to be constantly aware of market intelligence, to seek information which is commercially important and act on it promptly in consultation with the trader. It is a progressive role which requires multi-dimensional understanding of different fields of knowledge like: Finance, product specifications, operations, International law, industry regulation, shipping, taxation, and customs amongst others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 0 -3 years of strong corporate experience
- MBA -Ops/Marketing/Finance. Degree in Engineering is desirable.
- Extremely strong communication skills and quantitative ability
- Strong business acumen and has a commercial bent of mind
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Optimize the deal P&L (profit & loss) through efficient voyage planning by communicating updates in a timely and organised manner.
- Actively manage all voyages by sending voyage orders to vessel owners, negotiating and port authorities to optimize the logistics and minimize costs
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with International customers and third party service providers on a regular basis
- Dealing with international clients on a regular basis
- Assist the chartering team with vessel clearance, post fixture optimization of oil tankers
- Review contractual terms with international clients to gain maximum commercial advantage for Trafigura
- Gain understanding of pricing & hedging exposure on every deal and the P&L along with the Deals desk (risk management) team
- Be completely aware of the Costs related to a particular deal, minimize the costs actively and keep the Deals desk team continuously updated
- Gain understanding of the Trade finance and credit terms associated with the deal
- Since we work in an extremely regulated environment ensure strict adherence to Trafigura's Code of Conduct and follow internal procedures and company's policies