Trafigura - Analyst - Metal Support Operations (0-3 yrs)
Company Brief :
Trafigura is a leader in the commodities business.
Trafigura Global Services Pvt. Ltd. (TGS) is the Global In-house Centre (GIC) for Trafigura, one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.6 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; 50 percent owned DT Group which specialises in logistics and trading; and Galena Asset Management.
Founded in 1993, the company is owned by around 600 of its 4,100 employees who work in 61 offices in 36 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD136.4 billion in 2017. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
You can find out more about us on www.trafigura.com and our Mumbai office on www.trafigura.com/mumbai
Department : NonFerrous Concentrates Admin Operations
Main Purpose :
- Checking and Control of Cargo Invoices, system data and Declaration of Insurance alongwith other tasks to be added
Knowledge, Skills and abilities :
- 0-2 years- work experience
- Post graduate degree from a reputable university is preferred but not a pre-requisite
- University degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. accounting, maths, statistics, science or economics
- Good Excel skills
- Strong multi-tasker and good worker under time pressure
- Detailed, conscientious and precise
- A good intuitive feel for numbers, analytical and ability to quickly spot an error
- Self-starter and pro-active attitude
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment and speaking regularly to colleagues overseas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Inquisitive personality and prepared to challenge people
Key Responsibilities :
- Checking of final invoices in accordance with commercial terms of the contract and agreements, to be done for all operators globally.
- Entry of cargo insurance declaration in our Insurance system, to be done for all operators globally.
- Re-allocation of parcels/costs/hedges due to partition in physical lots.
- Booking of invoices in the system
- Entering of assays and quality related data in the system
- Preparation of supporting documentation for regulatory approvals in certain cases.
- Other tasks to be identified on an ongoing basis.
Key Relationships :
- Global concentrates operations team members
- India Manager
- Global Head of Concentrates Operations
- Excellent analytical and observational skills
- Workable knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A high level of discretion
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- Proactive and inquisitive
Reporting Structure :
- To India Concentrates Operations Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer :
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.