Talent Acquisition at Trafigura Global Services Pvt Ltd
Views:806 Applications:110 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Trafigura - Analyst - Group Reporting - CA (1-4 yrs)
The said proposed role primarily would be to assist the Group Accounting team in the following:
1. Month end closing activities: Preparation of consolidated trial balance for Group and maintaining tracker for changes in the same during reporting cycle. Consolidation and review of inputs from divisional reports and reporting to management with variance analysis. Responsible for elimination entries on consolidation.
2. Intercompany reconciliation: review and preparation of MIS on IC breaks/settlement of aged items and coordinating with various stakeholders for resolution.
3. IFRS accounting and reporting: Workings for hedge accounting on loans, accounting and reconciliation for IFRS adjustments
4. Preparation of the consolidated and/or standalone financial statements (IFRS) for various Trafigura Group companies located at various geographies across the world.
The position will play a key role in Group Accounting team of the Global organization.
Shift for this profile would be 11.30-20.30 IST.
- Qualified Chartered accountant (preferably first attempt at all the levels)
- Industry experience with day to day application knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- 2.0-4.0 years of post-qualification experience in similar positions or relevant role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting and GAAP implementation
- Fluent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Microsoft Office knowledge with strong skills in Excel is required.
- Experience demonstrating skill performing basic analytical tasks (e.g., reconciling data, ensuring accuracy of data); maintaining numerous electronic and paper files; using basic office equipment.
Key Responsibilities :
- Preparation and submission of consolidated trial balance/ reports to management with variance analysis on a monthly basis after incorporating performance of various divisions within Trafigura Group
- Consolidation and review of inputs from divisional reports
- Responsible for managing and circulating MIS on IC reconciliation and break positions across the Group
- Hedge accounting workings for cash flow hedges on loans and accounting/reconciliation of various GAAP adjustments for the group.
- Contribution towards preparation of interim/annual consolidated and standalone financial statements for various entities within the group
- Record to report function for various holding/investment entities
- Active involvement in documentation/accounting for restructuring of entities in the Group
- Gain good understanding of the accounting systems and be able to perform UAT of any new accounting system implementation
- Preparation and filing of statistical surveys.
- Ensure that the submissions to the auditors/controllers are within timelines, accurate and fully explained.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Divisional Accounting teams based in Mumbai, Geneva and various other global locations
- Group accounting team based out of Amsterdam
- Tax Team based out of Mumbai and Amsterdam
- External auditors, advisors
- Regulatory authorities worldwide
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working in groups as well as independently.
- Professional management of employee relationships at all levels.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges.
- Self-starter and pro-active.