Trafigura - Analyst - Cost Management Accountant - CA (2-4 yrs)
Company Brief :
Trafigura is a leader in the commodities trading business. Trafigura Global Services Private Ltd. is the Shared Services Centre for Trafigura, one of the world's leading independent commodity trading and logistics houses. Its business is advancing trade for a growing array of customers and counterparties around the world. The company directly employs over 4,000 people through a network of 61 offices in 36 countries. We source, store, blend and deliver essential raw materials and commodities. In 2014 we traded 205.4 million tonnes of oil and petroleum products and 60 million tonnes of metals and mineral products. We operate responsibly, adding real value for our clients, our stakeholders and our shareholders. Founded in 1993, the company is owned by its founding shareholders and senior management. It has achieved substantial growth in recent years, growing revenue from USD 18 billion in 2004 to USD171.5 billion in 2019.
Ours is a long-term business model. We are building partnerships with host governments, project partners and local communities that deliver lasting, shared value.
We benefit from a talented and highly motivated international workforce. Because managers and employees both own and run the company they identify strongly with its performance. Our decentralized structure promotes individual responsibility and a flexible, responsive approach.
We operate responsibly, adding real value for our clients, our stakeholders and our shareholders.
Department: Cost Management Accounting
Trafigura's accounting world is divided into Trading accounting and Overheads accounting. The cost management accounting team acts as controllers of overhead costs, by accounting for and reporting annual costs of approx. $450 M to various stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- General Accounting - Month-end book closure and reporting, Accounts payables and receivables
- Review and provide month-end accruals, amortization, depreciation, etc.
- Deep dive analysis of entire overhead expenses of the company
- Review of balance sheet and post necessary journals
- Preparing Global Cost MIS and reporting (budgets and forecasts)
- Expense reporting (Financial Planning & Analysis)
- Interacting with Global stakeholders /Auditors and resolution of audit queries
- Managing day to day reporting and working closely with different departments in the organization
- Submitting to the management daily, weekly and monthly analysis to enable them to take strategic decisions
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 1- 2 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of financial controls
- Book keeping & accounting experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS :
- Self-motivated, able to work independently in a professional manner and maintains high standards of integrity.
- Ability to question and challenge the existing processes, with a view to creating reporting efficiencies and improvements.
- Ability to handle internal & external stakeholders at a global level.
- Drive and determination to obtain an understanding of complex, business-driven transactions and report these accurately according to the appropriate accounting standards
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills Comfortable to liaise with non-accounting staff at all levels on a daily basis
- Team player with an enthusiastic approach to fresh challenges.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to handle high volumes of work & ability to work well under pressure under deadlines
TECHNOLOGY: Having working knowledge of NAVISION (Accounting Software) preferred.
Key Relationships :
- Group Payroll Accounting
- Accounts Payables
- Department Heads
- IT Controller
Equal Opportunity Employer :
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.