Executive at Titan Company Limited
Views:2689 Applications:293 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Titan - Assistant Manager - Legal - LLB (3-5 yrs)
TITLE Assistant Manager - Legal - ROS
DIVISION - Legal and Secretarial
REPORTING TO Manager - Legal - ROS
DIRECT REPORTEE - NIL
QUALIFICATIONS - LL.B. from a reputed law school
EXPERIENCE : 3-5 years of experience
POSITION GOALS AND KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Conformance with all legal document requirements related to retail sale, franchising, marketing, service, lease, leave and license, statutory compliance support, and all other aspects relating to retail sale.
- Successful closure of documents/agreements /notices/cases and replies from legal perspective.
- Legal negotiations on agreements.
- Attention to detail and excellent research skills.
- Solution oriented and business enabler.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
In the role, the following indicative list of responsibilities are included, but not limited to:
- Draft legal documents such as Franchise Agreements, Agency Agreements, Retail Agreements, LoIs, MoUs, Lease Deeds, Leave & License Agreements, Advertising Agreements, Service Agreements etc.
- Due diligence of property title documents
- Stamp duty and registration fee calculation
- Represent company at contract negotiations on legal issues.
- Keep abreast of and inform business units on relevant developments in marketing and retail industry such as Court ruling/s or legislative amendment/s.
- Draft Replies to legal notices, draft and review of pleadings in litigations.
- Provide inputs in operational matters to ensure desired support to the business.
- Support the process owner's to ensure the statutory compliances.
- Independently support all litigations/cases filed by and against the Company.
BEHAVIOUR QUALITIES - Displaying Entrepreneurial Spirit - Achieve results with a high level of energy and commitment. Seek, accept and consistently deliver on stretch goals. Work confidently and effectively. Bring bold and fresh ideas; facilitate others to generate innovative ideas. Make recommendations for decision making based on sound data; think through potential contingencies.
- Delighting the Business Leaders - Adhere to Turn around Time standards and processes to deliver excellent legal service. Demonstrate a - Can Do- attitude; ensure that promise made is promise kept. Proactively contact business leaders and be responsive to their needs; suggest ways to prevent recurring problems.
- Empowering & Developing - Understand own goals and responsibilities; monitor own progress. Demonstrate personal accountability. Contribute to the development of the team through open feedback. Seek feedback, coaching and developmental assignments for self to learn & grow.
- Achieving Quality - Display an understanding of the business, the market and implications for own area. Conduct business based analysis to make recommendations in compliance with legal and statutory requirements. Be flexible and adapt to change as required while focussing on departmental goals. Implement and adhere to systems and processes; seek feedback and ensure their improvement.
Actively search out improvement opportunities and implement them.
Personal Effectiveness and ability to Research
- Set stretch targets for self and rigorously monitor and manage performance.
- Be capable of making legal researches and legal recommendations to resolve problems or improve process.
Relationship Building - Promote open, constructive and collaborative relations with superiors, peers and clients (internal & external).
Communication - Listen effectively and communicate through actions and examples.
- High level of technical competence with ability to work on number of computer applications including Microsoft Office and Google applications (Excel / Sheets, Word / Docs, and PPT / Slides) and a suitable practice management system.