Lead - Talent Acquisition at Times Internet Ltd
Views:10401 Applications:1227 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:96
Times Internet - Manager/Chief Manager - Brand Strategy & Management (8-14 yrs)
Position Summary :
- As a Brand Consultant with Times Internet, you will be part of the Digital Centre of Excellence as a subject matter expert on brand management. You would be expected to contribute with path-breaking ideas around brand, content and PR management across multiple projects. You would also be expected to have a wide perspective of brand management as a discipline, with in-depth knowledge of best practices, industry developments, opportunities and strong network in the Indian Branding and Marketing ecosystem.
- You would also be expected to pitch in and drive execution for occasional campaigns of strategic importance or cross-business significance. The core expectation is you would be able to add a multiplier effect over and above the usual marketing activities of any business, and create a differentiation within any project you are part of.
Role & Responsibilities :
- Understand and structure the multi-brand portfolio of TIL
- Identify, build and refine target audience personas for the brands assigned
- Build blueprints for positioning and amplifying brand positioning within the target audience
- Do competitive brand analysis and recommend strategies to strengthen positioning for TIL brands vis-a-vis competition
- Review and Recommend execution roadmap for creatives, content, PR, social media etc to further the brand agenda in a systematic manner
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across business, corporate, editorial, marketing and to review high level features, UI/UX, presentations, documents, color schemes etc and give detailed inputs from a brand, target audience and positioning POV
- Share regular updates/presentations with the CEO and senior leadership on TIL brands, the various campaigns and initiatives being undertaken, results of primary and secondary research etc.
- Keep track of movements in the market, though and best-practices related to brand and communications management and disseminate it actively to relevant stakeholders within the organisation
- Conduct consumer, competitive and market research to discover and validate salient actionable points for business growth
- Coordinate on ground activations, CSR initiatives, partnerships and other such interventions to Recommend the right media mix and communications strategy to the media planning team of a brand given its positioning, target audience and budgets.
- Perform internal audits to ensure the needs and goals of a company's departments are aligned.
Desired Candidate Profile :
Strong India-focused brand management experience :
- You should have handled marquee brands and worked with A-level agencies and clients in India.
- You should have a rich knowledge of data-driven as well as experiential/intuitive insights about Indian brands and consumers, having worked on some of the most well known Indian brands.
Digital Bias :
- You should have a strong affinity towards digital brands and digital consumption.
- You should be extremely savvy on how digital marketing, social media and influencing, consumer and market research and web and mobile analytics functions.
- You would also be expected to be fully data driven and be comfortable with the expectation in the digital industry of everything being KPI and metric driven.
Deep Brand Thought :
- You must have strong academic foundation and wide experience and perspective in brand and communications management. You would be expected to be aware of the best practices and projects historically, contemporaneously and globally and be able to use this perspective to improve the brand and communications for TIL, centrally as well as for the verticals.
Exceptional communication skills :
- You must be a highly influential speaker who can get ideas across to stakeholders in clear concise points. You must be able to write in exceptional language and come up with striking presentations to convey your ideas.
- You should have a proven track record of quickly adapting to different teams and cultures, winning their trust and respect for your people and functional abilities.
- You should have a strong network across the Indian, and preferable Global, marketing communities.
Balance of Hands-On and Teamwork :
- You should be comfortable working as an individual contributor whenever required, and should be someone who takes delight in doing things hands-on, with a very high bar on quality.
- When required you should be able to rally and marshall resources across agencies/vendors/freelancers to get work done with the highest quality standards.