Lead - Talent Acquisition at Times Internet Ltd
Views:929 Applications:124 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Times Internet - Chief Manager - Legal - LLB (8-12 yrs)
Role & Responsibilities -
- Draft, review, negotiate and finalize content (video, audio) licensing agreements, video production agreements, NDAs, business agreements with various vendors and service providers, strategic partnerships/JV agreements with global players, IT services agreements, ad-sales agreements, app integration agreements, consulting agreements, marketing agreements - domestic and global.
- Advise on interpretation and application of key legal areas including media laws, intellectual property, copyrights, information technology laws, data protection, consumer protection, intermediaries, advertising & marketing laws/regulations, foreign direct investment policy, FEMA laws.
- Handling IP infringement claims, cease and desist notices and IP litigation.
- Ability to independently negotiate key business, commercial and legal terms with CXO level professionals, senior in-house counsels and law firm partners across various industries.
- Contracts, documentation and knowledge management within the legal team and keeping senior management abreast of all relevant laws and policies impacting businesses.
- Requesting, obtaining and finalizing legal opinions/advice from outside counsel as needed and managing related budgets.
- Manage MIS and provide regular updates to business and legal head.
- Preparing and delivering internal training as appropriate.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Excellent academic credentials, including a law degree from a Tier 1 Law school in India
- Between 8-12 years of post qualification experience, with relevant experience in internet media / consumer internet/ telecommunications related corporate, commercial transactions and business operations support.
- Hands on experience of information technology, intellectual property, media, internet, telecommunication and technology related business structuring and commercial contracts.
- Preferably should have worked with a reputed law firm as well as legal department of a reputed company.
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
- Sound business, commercial and techno-legal acumen.
- Ethical, with highest standards of integrity.
- Excellent command over English.
- Passionate about working and learning.
- Should be able to interpret and apply law and regulation in a practical, hands-on, matters with common sense
- Should be able to manage and prioritize a wide variety of matters and client contacts
- Should be able to communicate clearly, concisely, effectively and persuasively with clients and all levels of business. Prepared to take the lead and make appropriate recommendations.
- Able and willing to work proactively, both as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
Desired Education Background: Bachelors / Masters Degree in Law