HR at Thome India Private Limited
Views:148 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Thome Group - Associate - Legal (4-7 yrs)
Legal Associate - Ship Management MNC
- Responsibilities will cover a variety of legal issues concerning our activities in India and Asia region. Amongst others, the following responsibilities apply to this position:
- Draft and review of contracts including those related to procurement, vessel on-board services, non-disclosure agreements, sales and purchase agreements, power of attorney, corporate guarantees, and others.
- An ability to focus on core contract terms with the perspective of reviewing liabilities, limitations, identity of contracting parties, risk and exposures of Thome and take pragmatic and practical view from a commercial perspective.
- Provide concise and focused legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities.
- Advise on general business law issues and on the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance, and sustainability issues.
- Anticipate, support and liaison with the legal team on risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations.
- Assist with compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations.
- Any other assignment as and when assigned by the legal team of the head office, Singapore.
- Ability to work in organised manner and act quickly under pressure and as part of a team and to meet the prescribed deadlines.
- Reporting to legal team of the head office, Singapore.
Core Requirements :
- Indian Qualified and having Bachelor's Degree in Law with minimum 4 years of professional experience as in-house legal associate preferably in shipping company or associate at law firm with experience in infrastructure field or other relevant private or public practice.
- Strong contract drafting skills.
- Solid knowledge of general business law issues, including regulatory framework.
- Organized and team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience using the office software and working with Microsoft Teams.