Senior Executive at The Smart Cube
Views:797 Applications:154 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:144
The Smart Cube - Equity Research Analyst - Quality Control Analysts Team (7-14 yrs)
The Smart Cube - Equity Research Analyst - Quality Control Analysts Team
Job Specification :
- We are looking for a Quality Control Analyst to work alongside the client's team. The client is a top rated equity research brokerage house in Europe.
- As a candidate, you will have had a successful career in the financial world, probably including several years- experience as a financial analyst. You are able to demonstrate a practical knowledge of accounting, possess the analytical skills to pick financial models apart and understand the valuation method appropriate to each circumstance. You also believe that the small print in an annual report is there for a reason. You are inquisitive and have the imagination necessary to dissect an argument. You are at ease with challenging other people with a fluency to present your argument and the humility to listen. You write clearly and succinctly. And it goes without saying that you like people!
- The client's Quality Control team, made of highly experienced analysts, plays an integral role in ensuring the quality of equity research and also making sure that it is fully compliant with all regulatory and compliance policies.
Primary Responsibilities :
- You will work with a team of 8-10 Quality Control Analysts in an equity research department that is top rated in Europe with offices in London, Paris and New York.
- You will engage with equity research analysts to challenge their figures and arguments, review their financial models and read all their research publications before publication. You will also make sure their written work is fully compliant with FINRA regulations and company policies.
- You will attend regular research review committee meetings before initiations of coverage or ratings changes.
- You will work closely with research analysts on IPO projects, assisting them for the valuation work and the research report ahead of the pre-deal investor education.
- You will be primarily operating as an independent contributor with nil/minimal people and team management responsibilities
Required Background :
- You have several years of experience (preferably more than 6 years of relevant experience) as an Equity Research Analyst.
- You have a deep understanding of equity research products.
- You have excellent written and verbal skills.
- You have a proven understanding of financial modelling and accounting principles.
- You have a confirmed ability to work in a time-sensitive environment.
- You can multi-task, with strong attention to detail.
- You possess excellent PC skills and advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- You possess the Series 16 or are willing to invest time and attain the certification.