Human Resources at VFS Global Services
Views:85 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Technical Lead (6-12 yrs)
Level / Grade - Manager / Senior Manager
Sub-Unit Reporting to Delivery Manager
Geographical location of the role Mumbai GSO
Purpose of the role
Tech Lead will be responsible for bringing technical insights (design and architectural inputs) relevant to the technology environment of the day, help process and solution design teams to make correct design decisions, help-produce and/or validate technical designs artifacts and work closely with developers to deliver required solution in time and to the end users- satisfaction
Primary focus will be the development, architecture and deployment of of MEAN Stack based application on AWS infrastructure environments.
Roles and Responsibilities :
1. Take lead on technical matters, provide technical inputs and help SME's and Business/Systems Analysts to analyze and modelrequirements, solve problems and choose most suitable solution.
2. Where necessary, he /she is involved with an in-depth assessment to validate that the technology and architecture is appropriate for the business solution. Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-enddevelopers with server-side logic
3. Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
4. Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications Add to engineering team's culture of high code quality
5. Implementation of security and data protection in application
6. Work closely with a cross-functional and interdisciplinary team that includes other UX Designers, Developers, Project and Product Management, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, and Business Partners among other team members.
7. Take smart risks and champion new ideas. Integration of data storage solutions & Amazon Webservices framework
8. Judicious use of natural resources
9. Shall adhere to the environment health and safety policy/objectives and guidelines of the organization
10. Manage support function of development activities
Indicative KRA- s/Budgetary and Revenue Responsibilities :
1. Ensure development standards and guidelines followed by team
2. Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
3. Design and Develop reusable, testable, and efficient architecture
Key Interactions within and outside of the organization:
1. Tech Partner
1. Support Teams
2. Project team
3. Various operations team across the globe
4. Technical Team
Qualification & Experience (Education, Experience, specific knowledge, skills understanding, attitude :
Education Bachelor- s/Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field with 6 -12 years of overall experience
1. Three or more years of MEAN stack development experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience developing complex solutions for complete digital environments in MEAN, MS-SQL, Open-Source technologies.
2. Extensive experience in solution architecture, design and development best practices
3. Full stack, principle engineering experience is MUST
Knowledge & Key Skills:
1. HTML/5, CSS3, JQuery, and AJAX
2. ReactJs, AngularJs - 1.5X, Angular 2+
3. AMP HTML Development
4. NodeJs - Express, StrongLoop
5. MySQL, MongoDB, MS-SQL Server
6. AWS, Azure or any cloud technologies exposure
7. Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
8. An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
9. Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
10. Professional approach to time, costs and deadlinesPartnering Governments. Providing Solutions.
11. Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver development
12. Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
13. Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
14. Be passionate about all things MEAN technology and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
Competencies/Personal Attributes :
2. Quality & Service Orientation
3. Teamwork & Collaboration
4. Diversity Sensitivity
5. Personal & Professional Development
6. Delivering Results
Functional Competencies :
1. MEAN stack development
2. IDE Tools
3. Unit Testing
4. Innovative solution architecture
5. Release Management
6. Source version management
7. Technical expertise in AWS, MEAN, MySQL
8. Full stack approach
9. AWS / Azure